Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Liner install question - gaskets

1. Back To Top    #1

Liner install question - gaskets

Hello, I am preparing to install a liner in our in ground pool and need some advice on gasket installation. Specifically, how do I secure the gaskets on the wall for the return fittings and the gaskets for the main drains? Is there a specific type of glue I should use to hold them in place while I install the liner? Thanks for your advice!

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: Liner install question - gaskets

If the surface is dry then you can use some duct tape along the outside edges of the gaskets. I also use Pool Tak, it's used for wall foam but it also works well for gaskets.
    Use the pool tak or something similar for the main drain gasket. Just make sure the old gasket is completely removed from the plastic first.
    https://pool360.poolcorp.com/productlan ... fault.aspx
    -Kevin
    X-Pert Pool Service
    x-pertpool.com
    X-Pert Pool on Facebook and @XPertPoolServic on Twitter
    22,000 gal / 16' x 32' / Vinyl / Hayward s244t /Pentair SuperFlo 1 hp

3. Back To Top    #3

Thanks Kevin, I will see if I can find some Pool Tak around here. The main drains are brand new since I had to replace/replumb the old one. I saw where duct tape was used on the light gasket and the pool step gaskets but didn't think that would work on the drains. I can just see them slipping under the weight of the liner and getting off center, so I hope the Pool Tak is pretty sticky stuff. Thanks again!

4. Back To Top    #4

In the Industry

If you can't find it I'm sure a regular spray adhesive will work. The gaskets just need to be held in place until the water level gets up, then pressure mostly holds everything in place.
    -Kevin
    X-Pert Pool Service
    x-pertpool.com
    X-Pert Pool on Facebook and @XPertPoolServic on Twitter
    22,000 gal / 16' x 32' / Vinyl / Hayward s244t /Pentair SuperFlo 1 hp