Solar Cover Reel HELP!!

Jul 16, 2011
Southern California
I've searched forums looking for an answer but couldn't find one. Will a reel work with this shape of pool? I'm guessing I would get one that fits the widest section which is 15ft? We had one cover and totally trashed it dragging it along the brick. I've been looking at reels and there are so many to choose from. The stainless steel one with wheels on one side looks best for the price. Please any suggestions are welcome. Thanks

Attachments

• 311606_10150308447299885_329156327_n.jpeg
    311606_10150308447299885_329156327_n.jpeg
    35.9 KB · Views: 158
if you can get one with casters it keep it from getting trashed. I personally have built reels for all 6 of my company's pools out of SCH 80 PVC for the stands and then use a 3" aluminum tube for the reel it self and then attach SCH 80 PVC couplings using stainless steel bolts to attach them. A small platform could then be built with casters to set the stands on. The great thing about them is that you can fix them if they break, and the ones I've built are used multiple time each day for the last 2 years and I haven't had to make a single repair.

I inherited a Rocky's Eazy-Roller with my pool, and it had set in the hot Florida sun for I don't know how long. One caster was rusted through and broke off, so I bought a new set of four at Home Depot. I disassembled it, cleaned the bushings, and cleaned up the rest, and it's working great. There's not much to go wrong.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.