Austin, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool Edge-40
Received my Solar Cover from Ebay/Poolsupplies the other day. MUCH smaller bubbles than I expected. Their pictures make them look big (like normal bubble wrap), these are like .25"... is that a normal solar cover size?

Cut "to fit" kidney shaped pool with 30% raised area, what a pain! Only a few feet ended up 2 or 3" from the wall; I may splice some strips to fix that (what's the best tape/glue?)

How "flat" is this supposed to lay? There are 2 seams, one is not real flat. A few bulging air pockets underneath, a few puddles of water on top. Just wondering what's "normal"?

Makes a great leaf and acorn collector! Not much of a solar collector this time of year, the suns behind a big oak tree most of the day (much more sun in the summer). I found that one of those long "feather" fan blade cleaners works well sweeping all the "junk" to one side for easy removal.

How often do ya'll check chemicals in winter with cover? Not that it's ever winter here in Austin... I've been adding 12 oz. Clorox each morning and checking weekly.

That is pretty small for the bubbles...the ones I've owned are probably 1/2" or so. I don't think there's a way to reliably glue together pieces of the material...several of us have tried, but without success. Mine never lies flat either, always with a few bubbles and puddles. The creases and seams will flatten out over time.

Bart said:
I'm not sure how big your cover is compare to mine, but I actually like having two pieces. They are smaller (but still huge) and much eaiser to pull off, put back on and stash off to the side.
In this case they have a gap of a couple of inches on the side they want to fill. They could still cut the entire thing down the middle after and then have two parts.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.