Empty a fiberglass pool

KBayK

Nov 2, 2012
I am wondering if it is possible to leave my fiberglass pool empty for a long period of time without damaging it. Here are some details.

This is an inground 18,000 gallon fiberglass pool located in the desert (Oatman, AZ). We spend summers in Alaska since retiring and are having trouble finding someone to maintain the pool while we're gone because we're located too far out of town for pool service to come out on a weekly basis. During the heat of summer at least once a week is essential.

Is it possible to leave the pool empty for six months?

Karen

None. Just bring the water back into shape when you return. There are many pools recently left for years with no maintenance due to foreclosures.

Posted from my Droid with Tapatalk ... sorry if my response is short ;)

Thanks! That would be a wonderful solution. Is there a recommended cover?

jblizzle said:
None. Just bring the water back into shape when you return. There are many pools recently left for years with no maintenance due to foreclosures.

Posted from my Droid with Tapatalk ... sorry if my response is short ;)

Sore subject. We don't use the pool much now that we're away. Would love to sell the house but the market here is very discouraging. Maybe in a few years...

Melt In The Sun said:
Something like a Loop-loc or Meyco cover is generally what's recommended.

Sort of off topic...if you spend summers in Alaska, when do you swim? :scratch:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.