Opinions on Blue Square Q-360 In-floor cleaner?

JimboAZ

LifeTime Supporter
Oct 17, 2012
Maricopa, AZ
Hi All,

We're in the process of picking a pool builder and Presidential Pools (in AZ) has their Blue Square Q-360 in-floor cleaning system. We've heard good things about Paramount, and some about A&A Mfg but can't find anything on Blue Square. Of course the competition says it's not a great system, too new, low quality plastic, etc. but we'd like some other opinions.

Thanks for any info you can provide!

-james

Welcome to the forum. :lol: Not exactly what you are asking but the general consensus of in-floor systems (regardless of brand) is that they are troublesome. You can probably search and get several hits on "infloor" or "in floor".

Oops, I guess I have two user IDs.

Thanks for the reply. I was just wondering specifically about the Blue Square brand of cleaners and their quality. I can find info and recommendations on the others but Blue Square is relatively new to the market.

-james

Personally I wouldn't use any infloor system. Not totally sold on them and I have been installing them for several years. If you are building a large commercial pool maybe, but still not sure I would even for that.

blue square is a new company that was started by a pool builder that had an idea of a better way to do an infloor cleaning system. We used one of their distribution heads, and it worked great. I like the concept alot. (but I didn't use it for in floor cleaning.)

Personally, I am not a big fan of infloor cleaning...only because I don't like the way the plastic heads look...and with a robotic cleaner, I don't really see the need for them.

If you do like the concept of in floor cleaning, blue square seems to have come up with a better distribution manifold that doesn't wreak havoc on svrs pumps.

paramount has a great reputation also....but whatever brand you choose, you will still have plastic heads popping up from your floor..which is a deal breaker for me (and not really needed much here in PA.) In your dusty climate, it might make more sense.

I have a new pool with the Presidential Pools/Blue Square in Q360 floor system. It just does not clean the floor of the pool. I have called the factory but they have been little to no help. I have good pressure and flow to the in floor, the only problem I see is the Q360 valve is 45 feet away from the waters edge and the factory says it should be 5 foot away from the waters edge. Any ideas?
Thanks

Our valve is about 29 feet away from the edge. Seems like if you have good pressure, and you're running it long enough then it should be cleaning. How long are you running it and at what RPM? When you put your hand by the cleaning heads do you feel strong pressure?

I think ours is doing ok, but we have a robot cleaner from our previous pool that we throw in after big storms. But for in between it seems to be doing its job.

Thanks, 2950 RPM and the heads do not have great pressure, 20PSI on filter tank. Equipment 75 foot away from the farthest popup zone. How do u like the pebble w/ glass beads/abalone? I have the Aqua Blue Pebble Sheen.
Thanks

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Hi
This is an update on my Presidential Pools/Blue Square in floor Q360 in floor cleaning system installation. Still not cleaning the pool so I took JimboAZ's advise and purchased a pool vacuum and 30 foot of suction hose.
It just seems like it will be a lot more now. I was told the Q360 in floor system is the best thing on the market, it is far from that. I spent 2975.00 extra for the in-floor system and now I have to vacuum my pool to.

Larry

I must be lucky. I belive my pop up system is an A&A Mfg. and other than I needed to replace the control gears after 5 years (maybe longer as I bought the house and pool when it was 4 years old). I brush a few times a week but other than that no issues. Never felt I needed a vacuum. Then again I have no trees nearby, just a few bushes with small leaves.

(*My post is based on my actual experience with Blue Square Manufacturing over the past year. Our company represents their products outside of Arizona, but hopefully I'm being informative and not biased)

In the past year since this post was started, Blue Square has made quite in impact in the In-Floor Cleaner market. They have a proven, more reliable design, and also can retro fit in other infloor system. They have far surpassed the other infloor cleaning systems in sales.

The distribution valve operates on a lower flow requirement, which is great for variable speed pumps. There is no water hammer effects, as it transitions zones smoothly, due to the valve design. The replacment cost and repair aspects of the distribution valve is simple, reliable, and cost effective. It's a simple drop in module.

The design of the Blue Square pop up heads has a farther reach so as to clean a larger diameter area, at lower flow requirements. Their retro fit heads will fit other manufacturer heads, and provides the same design so as to give a farther reach as well.

Blue Square is owned by the same owner of Presidential Pools (the largest pool builder in AZ). He builds 600 - 800 pools a year and has gone through every in-floor system made, before he designed his own Blue Square system. Many other pool builders that typically install infloor system are switching to Blue Square too.

Another option Blue Square offers, if you're not too keen on in floor head, is a controlled pattern wall return system (E360), where you're using the distribution valve diverted to multiple wall fittings, which "hydro brushes" (my terminology) the debris down towards the main drain. They also have an almost hidden main drain design that gives you a larger surface area of suction. To compliment that is an inline trap basket designed with a large basket, installed pre-pump, so as to filter out the larger leaves the system brushes to the botton drain.

Its worth researching if you're having a pool built or renovated in a dry, dusty, or heavily vegitation location; want to avoid using a pool cleaner, or are interested in new(er) technology. In floor cleaning systems are a great way to optimize chemical distribution and heating because its from the botton up, and is zoned throughout the pool (i.e. no dead zones).

Thanks for that, Sean.....finally guided me to some info about the equipment used in my pool. We had our pool completed in July by California Pools here in Phoenix. We had a great experience with them during the installation process.

Cal no longer installs pop up systems but uses what they call their "Wave Force" system, which from following your lead I discovered is simply a re-name on the Blue Square E360 system and also used the Blue Square drain which I love.....blends right in with the Pebble Tec.....flush with the pool floor.

2 month report is that it does an adequate job, although in my experience with infloor cleaners is that none of them work completely well......I'm still going to supplement with a robot as soon as the checkbook allows (to reduce the amount of manual brush time).....

As I mentioned, I must be really lucky. My pop up system is near perfect. I only need to brush a few Mexican Bird of Paradise seeds that pop into the pool this time of year once or twice a week. Never have owned a vacuum in over 5 years of owning this 9 year old pool. Never had a pool before but based on my experience I cannot understand why anyone would not install an in floor system (if building new, hard to retrofit).

Hey

Just and update on my Q360 Presidential Pools/Blue square in floor cleaning system. I finally got them out to look at the system after a lot of bad reviews posted on line about there products. Long story short warranty agent came out twice changed out all heads and the Q360 cassette. Still the heads do not rotate and clean the pool. I email Blue Square that the system still did not work and I got the answer below from Blue Square.

(Twice now we have had one of the industry’s foremost in-floor experts to your pool and both times we have been told you system is functioning properly. It is common that after a storm, debris (sand particle, rock, dirt, etc.) can get stuck in a jet and causes it to temporarily stick. Often times after letting the system cycle through a couple of times, the water flow will dislodge the debris. If the jet is stuck in the up position, you may need to put pressure on the top to get it to loosen the particle and then it will be fine. If you do have a jet that continually sticks, please take a picture of the situation and we will send you a new jet. Our warranties include parts only and do not cover labor. A typical service charge is between $65 and $85.)

I had two other licensed pool company's out, both said the same thing the Q360 valve is great but the heads are just no good.

Thanks
Larry

I am currently building a pool and am having the blue square system installed. This is my layout that was suggested directly from blue square to my pool builder. Hope it all works out, too late to back now :lol:[attachment=0:1n76mkks]photo 12.JPG[/attachment:1n76mkks]

Attachments

• photo 11.JPG
    photo 11.JPG
    54.3 KB · Views: 298
  • photo 12.JPG
    photo 12.JPG
    51.6 KB · Views: 243
Hi
Make sure they use licensed subcontractors. Use a big pump filter that will run 120GPM and 2.5 inch suction and return lines. Good luck, every one that looked at my Blue Square system said the same thing, good Q360 valve but the heads are no good.
Larry

Hi,

We used a reputable contractor to replaster our pool and make some changes. We wanted to add a salt water system and find a way to improve on the Paramount Pool Valet in floor cleaning system. He installed the Blue Square Q-360 system, explaining that it was a different design and would be a significant improvement. In fact, it's much worse. Several of the heads frequently stay stuck in the up position and therefore do not rotate at all. There is one that moves up and down, but still does not rotate. Consequently, there are several sections of the pool where a cone of dirt collects and NEVER gets cleaned. To his credit, the contractor has come himself and sent people out on several occasions to replace the heads; however, nothing improves, and the head that moves up and down without turning has never been replaced. I am thoroughly disappointed with the system and wish I had just upgraded to the newest Paramount system. Ugh!!!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.