Aqua Rite resister keeps going bad.

Oct 29, 2012
I lost all of my lights on my chlorine generator. The resistor was blown and I replaced it. Seemed to work fine afterwards, but then the lights all went out again. Replaced the resistor again and the same thing happened. Does anyone know what would cause this?

Assuming your cell is good, these sites might be of some help.

No Cell Power - A Simple Solution

Repairing My Aquarite PCB

How To Test The Control Box

The last one is in French, but has very useful info. So it's worth it to take the time to use Google translate. translate.google.com
However, the formatting is all wonky and it overlays the images such that they cover the text when you translate it. I'd suggest copying the text in its untranslated original language. Then translate that in Google Translate.
Just copy it all and dump it in, it'll retain the formatting; paragraph structure, wrapping, etc..

Find a pool store to have your cell tested on their unit. Many stores offer this. You can also inspect the harness too.

EDIT: Have you ever by chance added salt directly to the skimmer?
Also, do you have a full set of numbers you can post for your pool, including salt & CYA?

BTW, it looks like no one properly welcomed you to the forum.
So...

Hello Jear789,
Welcome to TFP. :wave:

Note that there is a new transistor being used that is more heavy duty. If you replace the larger transistor with the older style, it won't perform properly.

Other possible issues. A large heater sending excessively hot water into the cell can spike current levels. Adding chemicals to the pool while the cell is on can also cause excessive current spikes. Especially if the chemicals are added to the skimmer, or over the main drain.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.