Just saying HI and reading

Oct 28, 2012
Seattle, WA
Well I have been reading on the site and its been very helpful so I figured I would register.

I recently bought a house with an indoor fiberglass pool that is about 16,000 gallons. New to the pool thing. So far things have been pretty good... had to have some lines replaced but maintaining the chemical balance has not been too bad.

I have about 1,000 questions but will try to read first and not ask too many question.

I am potentially interested in resurfacing/repainting the fiberglass as it is fairly "splotchy" or stained. Also still trying to figure out how to set-up and maintain the entire room in terms of the heating, humidity, etc in a way that is efficient.

Anyways, thanks for the site and hope to join in more overtime.

Welcome to TFP!

Operating indoor pools comes with a few more challenges than their outdoor counterparts. As you mentioned, you will need to contend with humidity. Also, ventilation is important because the byproducts of chlorine use can build up indoors and be irritating and smelly. You will also notice here at TFP that we don't tend to recommend UV systems for outdoor pools, but for indoor pools, they can serve a very important role in the breakdown of the chlorine byproducts that I mentioned earlier.

I'll have to look at the UV system for the indoor pool apparently... not an issue I was previously aware of... my FC and Active CL have been nearly even every time I have had a sample analyzed... and honestly takes almost no CL tablets... maybe one 3" tablet every 1.5 weeks and the levels seems to always be right around 3.0 and I would be happy at 2.0.

We are thinking of having the whole system drained so that we can "repaint" the surface of the fiberglass... i.e. new gel coat, epoxy, what ever is best... while its down we are thinking of having a salt generating system installed as possibly a new filter (or just media) and a new heater. Everything is 17 years old as far as I know.

One thing I learned here is that I need to keep the air temperature a few degrees above the water temp and the humidity controller around 50%. This has greatly relieved the condensation that was building up on the windows, doors, and sky lights.

I posted some pictures under the introduce yourself section.

Cheers

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.