LifeTime Supporter
Oct 28, 2012
Houston TX 77064
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Had a gentlemen come to troubleshoot water leak and changed the direction of all the Return Inlet Eyes. My pool is old 80's and I can't find a blow out to see how to re-adjust. Looks like a fitted shell screwed to the pool wall, the gentlemen told me to slightly unscrew the four screws, then put the screwdriver in the eye and seat then turn to adjust. I did this but can't find the point to which the screwdriver is seated into something in the eye, just goes all the way down the throat of the pipe. Any thoughts!

Sounds like you have "swimquip" return fittings. The ring that's held on by the 4 screws holds the adjustable center section in place by friction.
Loosening the screws should allow you to adjust the movable center section. Either by hand or by using a screwdriver sideways in the center section.

that's it, sat out there and looked at it. It dawned on me (from my childhood pool days at my parents) the screw driver doesn't seat to move, it moves it. Some of them have hoods and are partly blocked (like a 1/2 moon hood and then covered 1/2 moon) - can't get a screwdriver in it, still trying to figure out how to move that one, it's like really stuck. May have to get that gentlemen back to adjust himself, since he started it. Thank you so much for the prompt response.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.