When to use a net cover over a solid cover?

UnderWaterVanya

TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Jun 14, 2012
Mint Hill, NC
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool Edge-40
I read in another thread that some people use a net type cover over their solid cover to help remove the leaves - at least that is what I think I understood. Can someone clue me in? I have just covered the 16x32 inground at my father-in-law's house - I'll have to partially remove the cover to fully winterize later (water too warm (68).

I don't currently have a reliable blower - the one I have works in fits and so my plan of blowing the leaves off the cover isn't going to work very well...

My current plan is to repair the blower but this netting idea might also be a useful addition to the arsenal. The cover I have is a safety cover - solid but with drain panel. I anchors in the concrete that I could loop netting type cover to.

Hi there. You can use the leaf net covers for sale online at a variety of pool suppliers and amazon for that purpose, some are designed specifically for winter covers.

I went without this year and spent a few hours yesterday and today clearing off leaves a foot deep. The blower only piled em up in the wet center anyway -- my extend pole leaf net that I used normally in the water was long enough though to just slide them off. It wasn't nearly as bad as I expected, but next year I'm going to get a pond net that another poster mentioned to try to cover while open and then again over the winter cover. I don't want the one's made for the winter cover, because I have someone else install it, and don't want to take out the ladders and raise the anchors while the pool is still open.

So here's the pond net (cheaper by far) http://www.amazon.com/Dalen-PN45-Nettin ... P3J0N1X5ML

Hope that helps.

You use the net over the winter cover. When the leaves have stopped falling (and before they start rotting) use the net to roll the leaves off the cover. Makes opening much easier.
But, really, with a safety cover, the leaf net is pretty redundant.

Qwaxalot said:
You use the net over the winter cover. When the leaves have stopped falling (and before they start rotting) use the net to roll the leaves off the cover. Makes opening much easier.
But, really, with a safety cover, the leaf net is pretty redundant.

My plan was to use the brush and push them from the center to the edges - my pole is 16' and my pool is that wide.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.