old heater, buried connections, need a guess on topology

jig

Oct 27, 2012
Our old heater (purchased with the house) obviously hasn't been used in a very long time. The spa portion of our pool has a bunch of dirt in it, if that's any indication. Are large gas heater something we should be looking to refurbish if we want to eventually get the spa working again, or if there is visible rust around the burners (the front panel was left off for years, we'd guess), should we just cut it out of the system and purchase anew?

truth be told, we'd probably be better off with a solar system where we're located.

thanks for any thoughts!

If you have a spa and want to use it, you will need a gas heater. Solar or heat pumps do not provide the heat that you would probably want. If you want to heat your spa to say 90-100 degrees and in a rather quick manor, then gas is the only way to do it.

Solar and heat pumps are great for pools only and depending on where you live will determine what you would get out of either of them. Just remember that both rely upon outside factors in order to work to their fullest potential.

well, i'm still thinking a 20 year old heater that looks rusted should probably be removed regardless. i'll have my plumber cap the gas line and try to get the heater removed. thanks!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.