Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Need Help Again

1. Back To Top    #1

Need Help Again

Hello Forum!

Ive been away for a while and my 24' above ground pool was neglected in my absence. The water is a light murky green and I was wondering what I need to do to get it back in shape. I was planning on getting it crystal clear again and keeping it that way all winter. I live in Mississippi so the winter will not be that bad. What steps should I take to get it back in shape? I plan to go buy whatever I need tomorrow and fix it up. I used the BBB method all summer and it stayed perfect.

Sharkline Dolphin AGP 24" x 54" Millennium cartridge filter Millennium 2-way 2HP-3/4HP pump

2. Back To Top    #2
    Southern NH

Re: Need Help Again

Pool school rocks.... pool-school/defeating_algae
    2007 1st full year with AG pool~15k gallons 18'x33' JW
    6/2010 added 2 button Intex SWG-painless except for when reset
    Switched to BBB from Baquacil (couldn't pay me to go back)

3. Back To Top    #3
    Tucson, AZ

Do you already have one of the recommended test kits? If not, ordering one is your first step. This also means that you will need to wait for the kit to arrive before you can true perform the Shock Process correctly.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

4. Back To Top    #4

I do have the recommended kit.
    Sharkline Dolphin AGP 24" x 54" Millennium cartridge filter Millennium 2-way 2HP-3/4HP pump

5. Back To Top    #5
    24'x52" AGP (13,500 Gallons), Intex SWG, (2)Solar Bear 4x20 panels, Hayward S220T Filter, 1/2hp Pentair Superflo

Pool School, TFTestKits, Pool Calculator

6. Back To Top    #6
    Mint Hill, NC

What steps? Post here, read pool school, test, buy and use lots of chlorine.

- Sent using Tapatalk
    Inlaws Pool Boy since June 14th 2012, Pool built ~ 2003, In-Ground, 16'x32'
    13500 gal, Vinyl Liner, Fiberglass Slide, TF-100 Test Kit, Hayward 210T
    sand filter, A.O. Smith 1.5HP main pump motor (C48L2N134C1),
    Hayward SuperPump (model ?), Polaris 380 & PB4 Booster Pump

7. Back To Top    #7
    Redmond, OR

Make sure you stick with bleach or liquid chlorine.

Use the following formula to compare bleach/liquid CL cost for what you're getting in FC yield per bottle for your money.
    Oz. X percentage in decimal form (ie. 0.825). Then divide the cost per jug by that number.
    So $2.69 - 182oz @ 8.25% would be right around 18c/CL oz.

Be sure you don't buy powdered chlorine, it either adds unnecessary amounts of CYA to your water, or calcium in the case of cal-hypo.
    Thanks for reading... - Tony
    Da' Pool: Intex 15'x42" 3284gal AGP EasySet (Inflatable Ring) - (Summer 2014: 27' round EW /w 6.5' deep end @ 22,500gal)
    Pump & Cart Mod: 1000gph Cart. 5ft² - 2 nylons, 24/7 OP. Traps bugs/bits, lasts longer/cleans easier = Happier Pool Owner!!
    The Bible for a "Trouble Free Pool" life = PoolSchool, the BBB method a TF100 test kit(Recommend Kits Compared). - Cleaning a Sand Filter
    Water looks like GLASS, if yours doesn't...SLAM IT! Feels nice and never been happier!!! :D