I'm just about to sign a contract on a 19' x 32' freeform gunite pool with spa. I've had five different pool builders come in to give me a quote and only one has added extra pumps to his quote. With pool features below, what do I really need?
- 19 x 32 freeform pool with 3.5 shallow and 8 ft deep end
- 12" raised 7' diameter spa with 6 jets and spillway into pool
- 9' w x 3ft h x 3' d water feature rock waterfall
- suction side dedicated pool cleaner line (pentair sand shark)
- clean clear 420 cartridge or Pentair DE 60 filter
- Pentair 3hp VS+ variable speed pump
- Easytouch automation w/ intellichlor SWG
Four of the quotes only list Pentair variable speed pump. In the fifth quote, the builder added a booster pump for the spa to go along with the Pentair variable speed pump. He also added a third 2hp whisperflo pump for the water feature.
So what do I really need? I really like the thoroughness of the 5th quote, but the added pumps along with other addons is taking his quote out of my limited budget.