Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Arizona Pool Build (Phase Quotes)

1. Back To Top    #1

Arizona Pool Build (Phase Quotes)

Hi All,

I wrote on this forum a little while back and at that point and time decided not to start building a pool yet at our new house (in Chandler, AZ). I was hoping to get a few pointers now that I am finally getting quotes and serious about starting within the month on the backyard.

We are looking at a number of large elements to be included in our design:

Sunken Ramada (12 x 12) with two sides being a swim up bar area. A pool that is about 100 ft in perimeter, and spa. Looking at Pebble Sheen finish with travertine decking.

Have received one quote so far from California Pools and the quote was astronomical (80,000+).

First off I had a question on possible builders that some of you guys might suggest in the Arizona area that would be great and priced better than CP (price I assume is really for the name).

Secondly, what do you guys think about the owner/builder route? Any downsides other than warranty etc.?

Thanks again guys and appreciate the help!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Arizona Pool Build (Phase Quotes)

Cal Pools is my best value quote out of Tribal Waters, Presidential, Paddock, Unique Pools except for Paddock, but the design from Paddock was not up to par with the others. I am also considering owner/builder route. To me, Tribal and CP were the two best. We liked the Tribal design the best but they priced themselves out.

3. Back To Top    #3
    Tucson, AZ

Based on your brief description, what you want sounds expensive. Sunken ramada, swimup bar, pebblesheen, travertine, it all adds up. I'm not surprused to hear 80k, but that doesn't mean you won't get a better price from someone else.
    11,200 gal, Pebble-Tec; Tristar 2-speed 1hp - Swimclear 325 ft2 cart - SWG - A & A in-floor cleaner - Heat pump. For the poolside cooking, a Yoder Wichita and a Big Steel Keg!
    TF Test Kits -- PoolMath -- Pool School
    Make each day your masterpiece. - John Wooden

4. Back To Top    #4
    Queen Creek, AZ

I live in Chandler as well and when I had my pool done this year I used my landscaper to do all the hardscape instead of the PB. My landscaper was almost half the price of the PB to do the travertine coping, decking, pillars and stone work. He coordinated everything closely with the PB and everything went very smooth. Only took 5 weeks from layout to finished pool and landscaping.

21K Gallon IGP w/Spa, Blue Lagoon Pebble-Tech, Pentair Easytouch 8, Pentair VS 3050 Pump
    Pentair 1 HP Booster Pump, Blue Square Q-360 In-Floor Cleaning System, Pentair IC 60 SWCG
    Pentair Quad DE 100, Pentair Mastertemp 400, Pentair UltraTemp 140 H/C Pump (coming soon)
    Spectrum 360 LED Lighting, TF-100 Test Kit, Taylor Speed-Stir

5. Back To Top    #5

When we were quoting for a pool, we looked at Tribal, Presidential, California, & Shasta
    * Shasta bid themselves out of the job right away.
    * California was proposing (what I considered) an inferior equipment setup - My guess was so they could get a bigger margin.
    * Tribal - I could never get them to call or email me back. After I made it an issue, the GM said it wouldn't happen again... it did.
    * Presidential - not the cheapest, not the most expensive, but was responsive through the whole process.
    * 18.5 K Gallon, 8ft deep, IG, Pebble Radiance * Pentair VS 3050 Pump w/420 Cartridge Filter
    * Blue Square Q-360 In-floor Cleaning System * UltraPure UPP25 Ozone Generator
    * Pool startup: 09-04-2012 * TF-100 Test Kit