Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Above ground "Bermuda Pool" and pool covers

1. Back To Top    #1

Above ground "Bermuda Pool" and pool covers

So here's the deal. I have an above ground 24' "Bermuda pool". It's one of those pools with the white railing and catwalk around the edges. Therefore, you can't really anchor the cover over the pool. I bought a pool cover online for a 24' pool, it came with around 4' overlap. I installed the cover and it appears OK, but it's a little big. I can anchor the cover to the side railing. My question is water collects in the cover, it lays flat on the surface of the water. However water will collect in the cover (like a bowl). It it OK to simply let the water collect (will it damage the cover? Or do I absolutely have to have a pump or some way to remove it?
    13,500 gallon above ground round pool. Vinyl Liner. Hayward S244T 3.1 cu ft sand filter. Hayward Powerflo 1HP pump (single speed induction). HTH 6-way test kit.

2. Back To Top    #2
    SouthWest Alabama

Re: Above ground "Bermuda Pool" and pool covers

It is much better to remove the water periodically or it'll get so full that it'll stretch and /or tear the cover and it'll also displace a lot of the water it the pool if you don't drain it once in a while. I just used my vacuum hose to siphon it off when I didn't have a pump.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit