Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Gunite Question

1. Back To Top    #1

Gunite Question

Gunite was shot 10/15.
    PB said to water once day for a week.
    I haven't noticed any cracks, but I did notice the below. Is this a problem or just something they take care of during plaster?

Thanks for any and all advice!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    15x32 16k Gal IG riversand (pebblesheen) pool, Filter: Jandy 48 sq ft DE filter, Circulation Pump: Stealth Pump 2 hp 2 speed, SWCG, Heater Size and Electronic Ignition: Jandy LRZ400 Natural Heater, Cleaning System: Polaris 280, Spa: 8 Jets, 1 fountain, Polaris 220V 1.5HP QT blower

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Gunite Question

What's the problem you see? I see concrete that isn't cured fully but has plenty of moisture for the hydration process.

Scott
    Owner of - PoolGuyNJ LLC
    Expert Pool and Spa Repairs, Renovations, and Augmentation. Helping people decide what is the right gear for meeting their needs. Expectations Set, Expectations Met, No Surprises.

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by PoolGuyNJ
    What's the problem you see? I see concrete that isn't cured fully but has plenty of moisture for the hydration process.

Scott
    Good! Thats what I was hoping to hear!

I circled the "hole". It's like a chunk is missing from the wall, not too deep, about a finger tip.
    I wasn't nervous until I started laying in bed wondering why most PB's have said water 3-5 times a day and mine said only once a day........

And, I didn't know how easy it was to post pics on this site, I'll try and post more of start to finish since I know what a big help it was to me, and how you "kids" love pics!
    15x32 16k Gal IG riversand (pebblesheen) pool, Filter: Jandy 48 sq ft DE filter, Circulation Pump: Stealth Pump 2 hp 2 speed, SWCG, Heater Size and Electronic Ignition: Jandy LRZ400 Natural Heater, Cleaning System: Polaris 280, Spa: 8 Jets, 1 fountain, Polaris 220V 1.5HP QT blower

4. Back To Top    #4

Yeah, they'll just pack it full of plaster. No big deal.
    11,200 gal, Pebble-Tec; Tristar 2-speed 1hp - Swimclear 325 ft2 cart - SWG - A & A in-floor cleaner - Heat pump. For the poolside cooking, a Yoder Wichita and a Big Steel Keg!
    TF Test Kits -- PoolMath -- Pool School
    Make each day your masterpiece. - John Wooden

5. Back To Top    #5

Sorry I can't help with your question bumdaddy, but I do like your waterline tile selection.

Lizzy
    18,000 Gallon IG, Pebble Sheen, Quartzite coping
    Pentair 420 Cartridge Filter, 2HP Silencer, 400,000 BTU Heater, Platinum Legend Cleaner
    2x IntelliFlo VS pumps - Screenlogic Interface - Stenner 45MPHP10 15 Gal Bleach Injection
    TF100 + PoolCalculator + This Site!

6. Back To Top    #6

Thanks Lizzy!

The whole looks deeper today, about 3/4 of an inch.

I'm still watering, it's been about 8 days now, how long should I continue to water?

Thanks,

Jeff

7. Back To Top    #7

Also like the tile!

I always thought the coping came before the tile... no? Otherwise how do you get a consistent gap between tile and coping? And make sure the coping is not resting on a piece of tile?
    32K gal, gunite, French Gray DB, IntelliFlo VF, IntelliFlo, WhisperFlo, Quad DE 100 filter, IntelliTouch, IC-60 SWG, IntelliChem, Dolphin M5