New short sale house and pool

Sep 25, 2012
Dunedin, FL
Hi everyone, closing in the next few weeks on this!

test-msg-t54189.html

EXCEPT, the place has been vacant since May and the pool is GREEN!

Ive been following the forum for a few weeks.
Not totally new to pools but, not sure if you can count the pool I had in the 80's when i just dumped in whatever the store sold me. This pool will be different. Hope to upgrade and maybe convert to salt/chlorine generator.

Will post after home inspection and closing. Looking forward !

-Alan

Swampwoman said:
Forgive my naive question, but is that to keep out alligators? Or just a safety requirement in FL relating to hurricanes. I've noticed a lot of FL pics with screens. Just curious.

BUGS - per my cousin. Lives in Tampa.

...with a pool next to a Florida pond, it would keep out bugs, snakes and lots of stuff I'd guess. Probably not gators if they wanted to get in! Live in New York but, we are relocating. I dont know much about it except it will extend the season MORE than a few months.

Actually, a screen room reduces your season, although you can make up for it with a solar cover and solar heating. The screen acts like an umbrella with thousands of holes, and cuts down on the amount of heat from the sun you can collect. It does help with bugs and critters, though.

SebringDon said:
Actually, a screen room reduces your season, although you can make up for it with a solar cover and solar heating. The screen acts like an umbrella with thousands of holes, and cuts down on the amount of heat from the sun you can collect. It does help with bugs and critters, though.
I think he was comparing to NY...

-sent with Tapatalk 2

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support