Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Exposed Plaster

1. Back To Top    #1

Exposed Plaster

I had my in ground Diamond Brite plaster pool closed and had a new cover installed, this is a new pool and first closing. The company I had do the closing pumped the pool water down about 5" below the tile line. I now have the top of a step and that 5" of plaster exposed, will the plaster dry out and crack ?
    John (DIYer). Concrete, approximately 13,000 gallon inground pool with adjoining concrete spa. Approximately 35 years old. Legacy Anthony Sta-Rite bronze pump CF6, VA-26 filter,(2 sets), new Rheem propane heater for spa.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Exposed Plaster

Quote Originally Posted by jinjil
    I had my in ground Diamond Brite plaster pool closed and had a new cover installed, this is a new pool and first closing. The company I had do the closing pumped the pool water down about 5" below the tile line. I now have the top of a step and that 5" of plaster exposed, will the plaster dry out and crack ?
    I have never heard of that being a problem. It is normal to lower the water level below the tile line so I stood not crack the susceptible tiles. The company was reputable, then they should know what they're doing, and if they are good company you should feel comfortable asking them same question, but is just fine to ask here as well
    You should put your location, at least the city, in your signature, that will allow others to help you much better
    19,800 gallons (closed/winter 18,654 gal); plaster; 18x34 Ft kidney bean shape, Depth 3Ft-5Ft. Built 1992
    Pentair Whisper Flow Pump 1HP. Winter safety cover w anchors.
    Sand filter, Pentair Sand Dollar Top Mount Model SD80; Effective Filtration Area 3.5SF
    - FlowRate 75GPM, 8Hr 36,000, 10Hr 45,000, 12Hr 54,000; Pressure Weight 50PSI
    BBB (Hayward Chlorinator when leave town). Polaris 360 cleaner.