MK1985

Jul 9, 2011
Webster,Wi
In May of 2010 we installed our new 18' Intex AGP, I had some sand brought in and leveled it and then we put it together. We left it up last winter and everything went well through this summer. The one thing that we didn't like was the pool bottom had developed humps and valleys from the sand not being packed very good. We took the pool down the first part of Sept. and we decided to have a slab installed for the pool, we decided to put the pool back up to get a head start for next year and after getting a couple of inches of water in it I saw some water on the slab so there is a leak somewhere on the bottom, just my luck. Does anyone have any ideas on how to find a leak on the bottom or am I looking at a new liner?

If you can see the water on the slab and you only have an inch or two in there, you might be able to find the leak in the liner close to where the wetness is on the slab. Patching a vinyl liner is pretty easy. Are you seeing a constant flow of water or is it pretty slow?

I didn't see a steady stream right away but I let the water run for about an hour and when I went back out there was water on the slab. It had also leaked out on both sides of the slab so it might be closer to the middle.

With just a few inches of water I would drain it and meticulously look at every square inch of the bottom. An Intex 18' shouldn't take too long to look at the whole thing. You should be able to see any hole unless it's just a pin hole, but a pin hole wouldn't have leaked that much water. Then patch it, vinyl is easy and cheap to patch.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.