Become a TFP Supporter Welcome to our new server and new forum software. Pool School

Thread: Where to attach leaf canister

Where to attach leaf canister

I'm getting ready to close my pool, and some leaves have, naturally, fallen in. I have a leaf canister I bought for my barracuda G3 automatic vacuum, but if I attach it directly to the suction head (as the directions said), once the canister fills with water it is too heavy and pulls the suction head off the pool bottom. Where is the best place to attach the canister so it collects the leaves, yet doesn't interfere with the actual vacuum?

Thanks,

Kelley
    Kelleyaynn
    21,000 gallon (+ or -) in-ground plaster pool with Nautilus DE filter, 1 hp pump, Zodiac G4 automatic vacuum, and pool blaster max manual vaccum (love that one!).

Senior Member In the Industry

Re: Where to attach leaf canister

Should be installed after first hose coming out of the wall, or skimmer suction line.
    Close to the head will never work.

Re: Where to attach leaf canister

Worked like a charm. Thanks - that made a lot more sense than the directions!
    Kelleyaynn
    21,000 gallon (+ or -) in-ground plaster pool with Nautilus DE filter, 1 hp pump, Zodiac G4 automatic vacuum, and pool blaster max manual vaccum (love that one!).