MD connection to skimmer?

Kelleyaynn

LifeTime Supporter
Mar 23, 2012
Wilmington, DE
How can you tell if the MD is connected to that second hole in the skimmer? I'm getting ready to close my pool, and I've read about having to blow out the main drain and plug the hole, but I have no idea where that might be. We did not install the pool (it came with our house), and essentially no helpful documentation was left from the previous owners. What would I look for if the MD was piped directly to the pad?

Thanks.

Kelley

If the main drain is daisy chained through the skimmer usually there will be two open holes leading to pipes under the skimmer basket. If not one will be plugged.

Kelleyaynn said:
How can you tell if the MD is connected to that second hole in the skimmer? I'm getting ready to close my pool, and I've read about having to blow out the main drain and plug the hole, but I have no idea where that might be. We did not install the pool (it came with our house), and essentially no helpful documentation was left from the previous owners. What would I look for if the MD was piped directly to the pad?

Thanks.

Kelley

If the main drain is piped directly to the pad there will be two pipes (or more) coming up to the inlet side of the pump. One of those pipes will be the main drain, and should have it's own valve.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.