new safety cover questions

Jul 15, 2012
NJ
hi - this is our first full year with our in-ground pool, and second season closing. The cover that we inherited from the previous owners is a solid cover held down with water bags and buckets. after closing last weekend, we noticed that this cover doesn't look like it will survive another winter after this one. So we are planning on going with a safety cover next year. From reading this site, it looks like we will go with a mesh cover with a tight weave. Any recommendations on brands or what to look for? Also, are there better times of the year that we would hire a contractor to get a better deal -i.e. in the middle of the winter, so they would size and do the setup right after we open, or should we just wait till the summer? The pool is a key-hole shape, so it will probably have to be a custom job. Thanks!

I don't like to work when it's freezing cold out so I wouldn't call around in the winter (but hey maybe that's just me)
I'm busiest in the spring and fall, cover companies get busy around closing season with custom cover orders. So I think your best bet would be to call around a week or so after memorial day.

I only sell Loop-Loc, but they have great customer support and products. Loop-Loc sells 2 kinds of covers regular mesh and ultra-loc. The big difference is that the ultra loc with mesh drain panels will keep your pool algae free when you go to open it. Loop-loc came out with image loc recently which means the pool guy can come out there and instead of taking hundreds of AB measurements he just snaps a whole bunch of photos with a tape measure on the ground and they make the cover based on those images.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.