pool Rover junior acting funny

May 13, 2012
I just bought a pool Rover junior and it vacuums fine. The problem i am having is is that sometimes it will only go half way across the pool before it stops and starts going the other way. It acts as if it is cleaning one whole side and then moves to the other side and does the same thing. Is this normal or is something wrong. My control box dont have the timer all it has is the on off switch and the switch for large or small pool and i have it set on large for a 24 foot by 52inch.
Thanks in advance

It will do that if the bag is loaded up with leaves/debris. Also check the pump for any obstructions. Measure the amount of time between the motor switching directions directions. Mine has a timer and needs to be set around 30-40 secs to make it to the other end of the pool. Wheels should also move freely. Otherwise i'm out of ideas...sorry

I just got the phone with aquabot

I just got off the phone with aquabot customer service and they said that it is suppose to work like mine is. They changed the way it operates when they took the timer off the power supply. They are sending me a brand new power supply with 90 second timer on it and keep mine as a backup free of charge. I have read review that said there customer service was not very good but i would have to disagree it was excellent in my opinion.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.