Installing a pool railing stair handle $425

bobodaclown

TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Apr 14, 2011
Murrieta, CA
Hello All,
I'm getting ready to have a pool railing installed received a quote of $425. Does this sound reasonable?
It's a basic Stainless Steel handle. Will not be mounted in the water, but in the deck. The concrete deck will need 2 holes drilled, the mounts installed, hydraulic cemented in, 24 hours later they mount the handle.

bobodaclown said:
Hello All,
I'm getting ready to have a pool railing installed received a quote of $425. Does this sound reasonable?
It's a basic Stainless Steel handle. Will not be mounted in the water, but in the deck. The concrete deck will need 2 holes drilled, the mounts installed, hydraulic cemented in, 24 hours later they mount the handle.

That rail should be electrically bonded. $425.00 sounds cheap.
I would not trust a railing held in place with hydraulic cement (too much torque when using the rail).

Qwaxalot said:
bobodaclown said:
Hello All,

That rail should be electrically bonded. $425.00 sounds cheap.
I would not trust a railing held in place with hydraulic cement (too much torque when using the rail).

That must be one big a$# drill bit.
When it comes to a regular porch step handrail, i thought being cemented in was better then having a 4 bolt base? because of kids loosening nuts from playing around.
How do you get it bonded?
hey thanks

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.