Become a TFP Supporter Welcome to our new server and new forum software. If you have problems logging in to the new system, you should try resetting your password. Click HERE to do that. Pool School

Thread: A cool pic taken with my new iphone 5

A cool pic taken with my new iphone 5

Here is a pic of my backyard taken with my new iphone5 with panoramic picture taking. I am kinda of impressed with the clarity.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Approx 11K Gal. 10'X30' Semi free-form IG - 6 ' raised spa w/6 jets - 10' circle sun shelf with 1 bubbler - Waterfall - 3 / 1.5 HP pumps - Polaris 280 Cleaner - 3 Pentair Color LED Intellibrite Lights - Pentair 400K Master Temp - 2 Valve Actuators - 5 Fiberstar Mini Laminars - 1 Fiberstars 2004 Illuminator - 2 Skimmers - 6 Returns - Caribbean Blue Pebble Tech - 600+ sq ft kool decK - Auto Fill - 2 Boston Acoustics VOYA RK5 Outdoor Rock Speakers - 2 TIC Corporation TFS5CN 6.5-Inch 150-Watt Terra-Forms Rock Speakers - Apple Airport Express - 1 Awesome View.

Re: A cool pic taken with my new iphone 5

I did the same thing at night with mine just playing around. It is really cool. The 4S (and possibly others) will do it as well with the iOS 6 upgrade.
    14.5K gal Plaster IGP, Intelliflo VS, EasyTouch 8, SWG, IntellipH, Clear and Clean 420 Cartridge Filter, Attached Spa, H400IDL2 NG Heater

Quote Originally Posted by phipsi1237
    I did the same thing at night with mine just playing around. It is really cool. The 4S (and possibly others) will do it as well with the iOS 6 upgrade.
    That is what my wife was saying. She is all into the Apple products since she is a teacher. This was my early birthday gift to myself and my first personal smart phone. I always had a company phone, but there are too many cool things I was not allowed to do with it. I bought her a 4S today as well.
    Approx 11K Gal. 10'X30' Semi free-form IG - 6 ' raised spa w/6 jets - 10' circle sun shelf with 1 bubbler - Waterfall - 3 / 1.5 HP pumps - Polaris 280 Cleaner - 3 Pentair Color LED Intellibrite Lights - Pentair 400K Master Temp - 2 Valve Actuators - 5 Fiberstar Mini Laminars - 1 Fiberstars 2004 Illuminator - 2 Skimmers - 6 Returns - Caribbean Blue Pebble Tech - 600+ sq ft kool decK - Auto Fill - 2 Boston Acoustics VOYA RK5 Outdoor Rock Speakers - 2 TIC Corporation TFS5CN 6.5-Inch 150-Watt Terra-Forms Rock Speakers - Apple Airport Express - 1 Awesome View.

Beautiful!! I don't think you could take a bad picture of that pool if you tried!
    Helen
    Dallas Area, 16,000 gal IG, Easytouch 8 computer, Intelliflo 3HP Variable Speed pool pump, Pentair Smart Pump 4x160, Pentair 3/4 HP Booster Pump, FNS 60 DE 60, Mastertemp 400, Rainbow 320, Dual Timer w/ freeze protection, Intellichor SWG, TF100 Test Kit, POOL FILLED AUG 3, 2012, ORDER YOUR TF100 KIT FROM http://tftestkits.net
    http://www.troublefreepool.com/under...ie-t49936.html

Hmm, my android phone has been able to do that for a long time...
    11,200 gal, Pebble-Tec; Tristar 2-speed 1hp - Swimclear 325 ft2 cart - SWG - A & A in-floor cleaner - Heat pump. For the poolside cooking, a Yoder Wichita and a Big Steel Keg!
    TF Test Kits -- PoolMath -- Pool School
    Make each day your masterpiece. - John Wooden

Both my iPhone 4 (ios 5) and android 2.3.4 are able to do this but both use apps.

-sent with Tapatalk 2
    Inlaws Pool Boy since June 14th 2012, Pool built ~ 2003, In-Ground, 16'x32'
    13500 gal, Vinyl Liner, Fiberglass Slide, TF-100 Test Kit, Hayward 210T
    sand filter, A.O. Smith 1.5HP main pump motor (C48L2N134C1),
    Hayward SuperPump (model ?), Polaris 380 & PB4 Booster Pump

Quote Originally Posted by Melt In The Sun
    Yep same here. Here is one from my android phone a while back. No app just the native camera.

I guess when apple adds the smile capture option in the camera that will be a big deal then as well.

Not trying to start a android apple war here both have good and bad about them. Personally I have an android phone and an iPad
    21,000 gallon pool w/spa, Pebble Sheen, Hayward EcoStar variable speed filter pump, Hayward DE6020 Filter, Hayward 400FDN Heater, inline chlorinator (only used when out of town), Clear O3 ozone system, Hayward Goldline PS-8 controller, Hayward 6060 cleaner pump, Polaris 280 cleaner, Hayward EcoStar variable speed water feature pump.

Take it easy on me. This is my first smart phone and I am easily impressed. The last personal cell phone I had didn't even have texting as an option. Kids and wife have had them, but I have just always used the work phone.

Quote Originally Posted by Flippy
    Take it easy on me. This is my first smart phone and I am easily impressed. The last personal cell phone I had didn't even have texting as an option. Kids and wife have had them, but I have just always used the work phone.
    It was meant in a joking manor. Maybe I needed more of these.
    21,000 gallon pool w/spa, Pebble Sheen, Hayward EcoStar variable speed filter pump, Hayward DE6020 Filter, Hayward 400FDN Heater, inline chlorinator (only used when out of town), Clear O3 ozone system, Hayward Goldline PS-8 controller, Hayward 6060 cleaner pump, Polaris 280 cleaner, Hayward EcoStar variable speed water feature pump.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun
    It was meant in a joking manor. Maybe I needed more of these.

lol. I know, no offense taken. I was just playing back.

Sorry - my point was that ios 6 added that to the base camera but there were apps doing this for a while. I'm in bed sick and typing on a phone so I'm not exactly at my most tactful... please don't take any offense none was intended.

-sent with Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by UnderWaterVanya
    Sorry - my point was that ios 6 added that to the base camera but there were apps doing this for a while. I'm in bed sick and typing on a phone so I'm not exactly at my most tactful... please don't take any offense none was intended.

-sent with Tapatalk 2

I was just joking back. No offense taken. Hope you feel better.

Your yard impresses me...phone...eh.
    Mike
    2007 1st full year with AG pool~15k gallons 18'x33' JW
    6/2010 added 2 button Intex SWG-painless except for when reset
    Switched to BBB from Baquacil (couldn't pay me to go back)

+1

-Kevin
    X-Pert Pool Service
    x-pertpool.com
    X-Pert Pool on Facebook and @XPertPoolServic on Twitter
    22,000 gal / 16' x 32' / Vinyl / Hayward s244t /Pentair SuperFlo 1 hp

Cool, any night pics?

Sorry, no night panoramic pics. However I did post this night time picture. my-view-tonight-t51251.html

Yep same here. Here is one from my android phone a while back. No app just the native camera.
    Which OS version? I have gingerbread 2.3.4 on one phone and my wife has ICS on another - I haven't seen it but I haven't looked on her ICS much yet.

Quote Originally Posted by UnderWaterVanya
    Which OS version? I have gingerbread 2.3.4 on one phone and my wife has ICS on another - I haven't seen it but I haven't looked on her ICS much yet.

it's on stock ICS and up
    -Kevin
    X-Pert Pool Service
    x-pertpool.com
    X-Pert Pool on Facebook and @XPertPoolServic on Twitter
    22,000 gal / 16' x 32' / Vinyl / Hayward s244t /Pentair SuperFlo 1 hp

...and in HTC's default camera app in Gingerbread, and maybe earlier.
    11,200 gal, Pebble-Tec; Tristar 2-speed 1hp - Swimclear 325 ft2 cart - SWG - A & A in-floor cleaner - Heat pump. For the poolside cooking, a Yoder Wichita and a Big Steel Keg!
    TF Test Kits -- PoolMath -- Pool School
    Make each day your masterpiece. - John Wooden

...and in HTC's default camera app in Gingerbread, and maybe earlier.
    Gingerbread/Motoblur here so that makes sense why I hadn't seen it.