Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: OKC pool started :)

1. Back To Top    #1

OKC pool started :)

Just getting started in OKC, PB is Quiescent Aquatics. Talked to several and this is who we decided on. We have a big hole, gravel, plumbing and re-bar!

Trying to post pics :/
    36 x 18, 3'-7', 420 cartridge, whisperflo pump 2hp, pentair legend cleaner, intellichor salt system, jump rock, ok flagstone, suntan ledge w 2 bubblers, LED w opt controller, intermatic w/freeze, 400sf amerideck, quartzscape or colorscape plaster, 12 inch wall for slope in yard

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: OKC pool started :)

Check out this guide from my good buddy Blake. It will help you post pics.

how-to-add-pictures-to-a-post-full-guide-with-screenshots-t45050.html

3. Back To Top    #3

Thanks Christian, just finished reading Blake's post

Ok here is our backyard before....

Here is the plan.....

And the dig begins, never seen so much red dirt in my life!!

Trying to pick out tile and plaster color and if I want amerideck or not, anyone have thoughts about these things?
    36 x 18, 3'-7', 420 cartridge, whisperflo pump 2hp, pentair legend cleaner, intellichor salt system, jump rock, ok flagstone, suntan ledge w 2 bubblers, LED w opt controller, intermatic w/freeze, 400sf amerideck, quartzscape or colorscape plaster, 12 inch wall for slope in yard

4. Back To Top    #4

I had forgotten how red the dirt is in OK! Your pool is going to be nice! I like the big tanning ledge.
    Helen
    Dallas Area, 16,000 gal IG, Easytouch 8 computer, Intelliflo 3HP Variable Speed pool pump, Pentair Smart Pump 4x160, Pentair 3/4 HP Booster Pump, FNS 60 DE 60, Mastertemp 400, Rainbow 320, Dual Timer w/ freeze protection, Intellichor SWG, TF100 Test Kit, POOL FILLED AUG 3, 2012, ORDER YOUR TF100 KIT FROM http://tftestkits.net
    http://www.troublefreepool.com/under...ie-t49936.html

5. Back To Top    #5

Very nice! Your plan is extremly similar to our quote. We actually went and visited a few of QA's pools tonight and came away pretty impressed. A couple of the pool owners we spoke to liked the AmeriDeck because of course it kept the decking area cooler. Just as important - they mentioned a plus with AmeriDeck is the ability to add decking later, apply the same color of AmeriDeck and the concrete all looks like it was installed at the same time. Something I hadn't thought of.

One question - did the PB give you an estimate of the additional decking you will need (if any)? It appears from your plan that he drew the decking needed. That is one of the unknowns for me is how much additional decking we need to budget for.

I will probably message you at some point being you are right down the road from me for an intro and a peak at your dig!
    34X26, 3'-7', 420 cartridge, intelliflo variable Pump, pentair legend cleaner, intellichor salt system, jump rock, ok flagstone, suntan ledge w 2 bubblers, LED w opt controller, intermatic w/freeze, 500sf amerideck, rock waterfall

6. Back To Top    #6

Glad Blake's post was helpful! Looks like that is going to be an awesome pool, you must be so excited!

7. Back To Top    #7

looking good neighbor!

8. Back To Top    #8

YES! So excited

As for the drawing and concrete, lol, I drew the extra part, his is the dotted line. My plan includes 3 feet around and then a few feet around the jump rock. I think the quote for additional with the amerideck was around $11 a foot? Still trying to decide on how much additional decking and if I want to do amerideck.

That's one thing about having a little extra time..... can think about colors and decks, I don't feel as rushed

9. Back To Top    #9

Do you have a finished picture?
    28,000 IG, gunite, IntelliChlor IC40 SWG with SPA,
    Intellichlor/VS Pentair
    Norman, OK

10. Back To Top    #10

Blisstmr -

How did it turn out? We are about to pull the trigger on the same builer and practically the same pool. Any pics or feedback you can share?
    34X26, 3'-7', 420 cartridge, intelliflo variable Pump, pentair legend cleaner, intellichor salt system, jump rock, ok flagstone, suntan ledge w 2 bubblers, LED w opt controller, intermatic w/freeze, 500sf amerideck, rock waterfall