Spring, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-60
I am in the process of having a pool installed, and have thus far been unable to find any info regarding the installation of the ScreenLogic Interface. My PB has installed the Pentair EasyTouch PS8 control center. According to the info I can find from Pentair, it seems as though this just plugs into the PS8 and I will run a network cable to it from my router. Have any of you installed this yourself and is it as easily done as it seems? What about programming the unit? I am pretty good with anything mechanical, most electrical, and computers so I think I should be able to do this for less than the $1500 price tag my PB has quoted. I found the unit itself online for $375-450, and if it is doable, meaning I won't need some Pentair specific diagnostic or installation software, then I will plan on installing it myself once the pool is completed.

Thanks for your time!

JG

4 wire from easytouch to router, attach to Screen logic interface, then plug in to router.
Download program to home computer, info is in screen logic box. You are ready to go.
It really is that simple. If you cant run a wire between the two then you need a wireless bridge of some sort, the one Pentair sells works quite well, but is a little expensive.

That certainly seems simple enough! I should have all my equipment(except the heater) up and running a week from Monday provided we have good weather this week. I think I will order it and then take some pics as I go along with the install to make sure I get the wiring right, and also for reference for future use by others wanting to do the same thing. Just a PB, thanks for the info and I will be contacting you if I have any further questions! Thanks again!

Josh

Finally got the Interface kit delivered today and want to get it installed this weekend. I assume I can just go to Home Depot or Radio Shack and pick up some four wire 22awg wire. Question...Can I put the wires into the same screw terminals on the COM port as the wireless receiver for my Easytouch wireless controller?

Question...Can I put the wires into the same screw terminals on the COM port as the wireless receiver for my Easytouch wireless controller?

jgdds said:
I am in the process of having a pool installed, and have thus far been unable to find any info regarding the installation of the ScreenLogic Interface. My PB has installed the Pentair EasyTouch PS8 control center. According to the info I can find from Pentair, it seems as though this just plugs into the PS8 and I will run a network cable to it from my router. Have any of you installed this yourself and is it as easily done as it seems? What about programming the unit? I am pretty good with anything mechanical, most electrical, and computers so I think I should be able to do this for less than the $1500 price tag my PB has quoted. I found the unit itself online for $375-450, and if it is doable, meaning I won't need some Pentair specific diagnostic or installation software, then I will plan on installing it myself once the pool is completed.

Thanks for your time!

JG

I am planning to do this as well - we have an easytouch 4 with a wireless remote but I would like the ability to control it through my iphone.

I'm wondering how your install went?

With your easytouch fully set up, did the interface just transfer the data to the iphone or did you have to reprogram? Were you still able to use your wireless remote or does it become completely redundant? (If they both work together there may be times when a more rugged control near the pool is a better idea than the ipone/ipad :))

Just to confirm, if I can hardwire it then all I need is the Pentair 520500 interface kit?

I finished my install and it was soo simple and well worth the effort. The hardest part was fishing the control wires through the eve into the attic. It really is plug and play. That simple! If you have any questions about it, feel free to message me and we can talk and I will walk you through it!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
There is actually no need to do that. The control board will keep your current settings and the screenlogic interface allows you to make changes ets from a PC or Mac, and even has some basic functionality on your iPhone or iPad like turning on the spa, lights, pool pump etc from anywhere. No settings to mess with. I use both actually. The remote out back by the pool an my phone to turn on the spa from work! Hope this helps!

jgdds said:
There is actually no need to do that. The control board will keep your current settings and the screenlogic interface allows you to make changes ets from a PC or Mac, and even has some basic functionality on your iPhone or iPad like turning on the spa, lights, pool pump etc from anywhere. No settings to mess with. I use both actually. The remote out back by the pool an my phone to turn on the spa from work! Hope this helps!

So if I have no changes to make ill be able to see the current settings on the computer? That's great!

Do you know if the setup can be done on a Mac or do I need to bring my PC (it's a vacation home so we don't have both set up there :))

Thanks

My Mac works great! Just make sure you specify when ordering. And yes, no need to reprogram unless you want to change something!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.