Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: ScreenLogic Interface Installation

1. Back To Top    #1

ScreenLogic Interface Installation

I am in the process of having a pool installed, and have thus far been unable to find any info regarding the installation of the ScreenLogic Interface. My PB has installed the Pentair EasyTouch PS8 control center. According to the info I can find from Pentair, it seems as though this just plugs into the PS8 and I will run a network cable to it from my router. Have any of you installed this yourself and is it as easily done as it seems? What about programming the unit? I am pretty good with anything mechanical, most electrical, and computers so I think I should be able to do this for less than the $1500 price tag my PB has quoted. I found the unit itself online for $375-450, and if it is doable, meaning I won't need some Pentair specific diagnostic or installation software, then I will plan on installing it myself once the pool is completed.

Thanks for your time!

JG
    18x40 AG, Wilbar
    Hayward Perflex 50 gpm
    1 1/2 hp pump

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: ScreenLogic Interface Installation

4 wire from easytouch to router, attach to Screen logic interface, then plug in to router.
    Download program to home computer, info is in screen logic box. You are ready to go.
    It really is that simple. If you cant run a wire between the two then you need a wireless bridge of some sort, the one Pentair sells works quite well, but is a little expensive.

3. Back To Top    #3

That certainly seems simple enough! I should have all my equipment(except the heater) up and running a week from Monday provided we have good weather this week. I think I will order it and then take some pics as I go along with the install to make sure I get the wiring right, and also for reference for future use by others wanting to do the same thing. Just a PB, thanks for the info and I will be contacting you if I have any further questions! Thanks again!

Josh
    18x40 AG, Wilbar
    Hayward Perflex 50 gpm
    1 1/2 hp pump

4. Back To Top    #4

Finally got the Interface kit delivered today and want to get it installed this weekend. I assume I can just go to Home Depot or Radio Shack and pick up some four wire 22awg wire. Question...Can I put the wires into the same screw terminals on the COM port as the wireless receiver for my Easytouch wireless controller?
    18x40 AG, Wilbar
    Hayward Perflex 50 gpm
    1 1/2 hp pump

5. Back To Top    #5

Question...Can I put the wires into the same screw terminals on the COM port as the wireless receiver for my Easytouch wireless controller?
    18x40 AG, Wilbar
    Hayward Perflex 50 gpm
    1 1/2 hp pump

6. Back To Top    #6

In the Industry

Yes you can double them up.
    Just make sure you turn power off to everything when doing this.

7. Back To Top    #7

In the Industry

You can always create a pigtail and then you only have one wire to put to the common.
    Paul
    http://www.gastekservices.com A word of caution: When working with gas and electrical you might want to consider a licensed contractor. Consider the value of your life and others around you. If you would like to provide a review of the help I provided, please use the following link to leave a review. gastek - Google Search,

8. Back To Top    #8
    Vernon, BC Canada - Pool is in Maricopa AZ (currently a holiday place)

Quote Originally Posted by jgdds
    I am in the process of having a pool installed, and have thus far been unable to find any info regarding the installation of the ScreenLogic Interface. My PB has installed the Pentair EasyTouch PS8 control center. According to the info I can find from Pentair, it seems as though this just plugs into the PS8 and I will run a network cable to it from my router. Have any of you installed this yourself and is it as easily done as it seems? What about programming the unit? I am pretty good with anything mechanical, most electrical, and computers so I think I should be able to do this for less than the $1500 price tag my PB has quoted. I found the unit itself online for $375-450, and if it is doable, meaning I won't need some Pentair specific diagnostic or installation software, then I will plan on installing it myself once the pool is completed.

Thanks for your time!

JG
    I am planning to do this as well - we have an easytouch 4 with a wireless remote but I would like the ability to control it through my iphone.

I'm wondering how your install went?

With your easytouch fully set up, did the interface just transfer the data to the iphone or did you have to reprogram? Were you still able to use your wireless remote or does it become completely redundant? (If they both work together there may be times when a more rugged control near the pool is a better idea than the ipone/ipad )

Just to confirm, if I can hardwire it then all I need is the Pentair 520500 interface kit?
    Inground 12500 gallon 96 foot perimeter, 24 by 24 pool (6 by 24 of which is a "wet deck" or tanning ledge), intellibrite in spa and pool, 2 pentair LED bubblers in tanning ledge, built in table in pool, spillover spa, pebble radiance, Pentair Mastertemp 400K BTU heater, Blue Square Q360 infloor cleaner, VS2050 pump, auto leveler, Pentair easytouch 4 with wireless controller, Pentair 420 filter, custom natural gas firepit with cobalt glass.

9. Back To Top    #9

I finished my install and it was soo simple and well worth the effort. The hardest part was fishing the control wires through the eve into the attic. It really is plug and play. That simple! If you have any questions about it, feel free to message me and we can talk and I will walk you through it!
    18x40 AG, Wilbar
    Hayward Perflex 50 gpm
    1 1/2 hp pump

10. Back To Top    #10

That's great, thanks so much. I have a remote and I'm wondering if there's any way to save the settings on that so that I can just duplicate them in the screenlogic settings?
    Inground 12500 gallon 96 foot perimeter, 24 by 24 pool (6 by 24 of which is a "wet deck" or tanning ledge), intellibrite in spa and pool, 2 pentair LED bubblers in tanning ledge, built in table in pool, spillover spa, pebble radiance, Pentair Mastertemp 400K BTU heater, Blue Square Q360 infloor cleaner, VS2050 pump, auto leveler, Pentair easytouch 4 with wireless controller, Pentair 420 filter, custom natural gas firepit with cobalt glass.

11. Back To Top    #11

There is actually no need to do that. The control board will keep your current settings and the screenlogic interface allows you to make changes ets from a PC or Mac, and even has some basic functionality on your iPhone or iPad like turning on the spa, lights, pool pump etc from anywhere. No settings to mess with. I use both actually. The remote out back by the pool an my phone to turn on the spa from work! Hope this helps!
    18x40 AG, Wilbar
    Hayward Perflex 50 gpm
    1 1/2 hp pump

12. Back To Top    #12

Quote Originally Posted by jgdds
    There is actually no need to do that. The control board will keep your current settings and the screenlogic interface allows you to make changes ets from a PC or Mac, and even has some basic functionality on your iPhone or iPad like turning on the spa, lights, pool pump etc from anywhere. No settings to mess with. I use both actually. The remote out back by the pool an my phone to turn on the spa from work! Hope this helps!
    So if I have no changes to make ill be able to see the current settings on the computer? That's great!

Do you know if the setup can be done on a Mac or do I need to bring my PC (it's a vacation home so we don't have both set up there )

Thanks

13. Back To Top    #13

My Mac works great! Just make sure you specify when ordering. And yes, no need to reprogram unless you want to change something!
    18x40 AG, Wilbar
    Hayward Perflex 50 gpm
    1 1/2 hp pump

14. Back To Top    #14

Thanks. I'm heading down in a few weeks and hoping to make this work but my pc doesn't have a cd drive just my Mac. Ill bring both down, and maybe download the software if I can find it online in case I need to use the pc. Do you need to have a computer left connected once its all set up?

I really appreciate all your help.