Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Thinking about a Slide in the spring

1. Back To Top    #1

Thinking about a Slide in the spring

The family and I think we would enjoy a slide for the pool. What do I need to know before we purchase one? Can I install it myself? What would you buy and from where? Any help would be great! I have a 20x50 inground with an automatic cover installed on the deck if that matters. Thanks
    Hans Deters

Vinyl inground pool. 20 x 50. Pentair 3hp Intelliflo pump @ 1600 rpm. Aprox 45,000 gal. Coverstar cover. Salt generator. Sand filter. Built July 2008.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Thinking about a Slide in the spring

The first thing you need to know is what your insurance company thinks about it. Most don't have near as much issue with a slide as they do with a diving board but some do.

The twister type slides seem to be popular. Just search around the web and see what you like.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

Thanks, I will check with the ins co. Are any brands better than others, or certain ones to stay away from?
    Hans Deters

Vinyl inground pool. 20 x 50. Pentair 3hp Intelliflo pump @ 1600 rpm. Aprox 45,000 gal. Coverstar cover. Salt generator. Sand filter. Built July 2008.

4. Back To Top    #4

In the Industry

SR Smith is the 800 pound gorilla of slide manufacturers.
    There are very strict requirements for location and depth of water at the slide lip.
    If your cover has deck rails; they could be an issue.
    You also need a way to get water to the slide (pumped from your equipment pad is best)
    In the industry, CSP (Certified Service Professional) by the NSPI and it's successor the APSP. My company services over 600 pools every year. I think the practices regularly espoused on this forum (especially the BBB method) are outstanding; however my comments will be often oriented towards the goal of getting it done, and getting it done right now!