Are all Polymer walls the same?

Oct 16, 2012
Feeling like I'm on information overload. :shock:
I have been talking to several PB's in my area (south central PA) that offer concrete, fiberglass, and liner pools trying to become as much informed about all our options and limitations within those options.

If we decide to go with IG liner, my husband wants polymer not steel wall and supports. We have 2 PBs that offer Pacific Pools brand and 1 PB that offers Caravelle by Cardinal systems.

I have tried to research as to which is better constucted, bracing, attachment etc and coming up with not much information.
I do know that Pacific is attached together using polymer nut and bolt while the Caravelle uses a pin lock.

My question is does anyone have any insight to these 2 choices or can offer any advice as to what to question/look out for?

We are looking at a 20x40 with 48 inch wall height.

Thank you,
Tina

Hmm... other than asking for a sample from each and comparing thicknesses I don't know what else to say. If your ground is prone to heavy saturation of water I would go with the polymer walls. If the ground is prone to movement I would go with the metal walls. Nothing is perfect metal can rust, polymer can crack.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.