Blue World Pool's ion system????

PJ

In The Industry
Oct 11, 2012
Hey all,
Ok this is the first time we have encountered an ion system (metal) that is actually being used. This lady called us to close her pool yesterday. She has a blue world pool (haven't seen it yet) but I had to look it up after she described how they handle the chemicals in her pool. She said (and the Blue World website confirms) that they put in a bag of salt in a week and two bottles of bleach.....the website says to use clorox. Ok, I understand that the bleach is to shock the pool, but why salt? Is it to prevent staining? Also she says the ionizer is to keep the ph under control.....does it? The website simply says adjust PH and Alkalinity as needed....( I am assuming using traditional methods). To put it frankly Blue Pools instructions are pretty simplified...(to the point they are useless). Does anybody have any ideas?

Their site certainly indicates a lot of deficiencies in knowledge of pool water chemistry. I would disregard everything they say about it and apply the info you can find here at TFP.

If your customer wants to follow their advice, I would decline the business.

Now the only question is.....ditch the ionizer? Drain the pool....or switch to SWG since we are half the way there already? I have already warned her of the pitfalls that come with metals in her pool water. Maybe make the ionizer work for me somehow (i doubt it) ?

I have a friend in town that has that system. The salesman told them it was a saltwater pool system. but they also need to add one half gallon of bleach each week to the pool (24' round) to boost the system. I explained to them that the reason their daughters hair was turning green was the copper in the pool. Gave them the link to POOL SCHOOL but have yet to see them.

Hmm.....that would make more sense. But they shouldn't be adding salt every week (my ppl). Of course your friends are adding bleach not to boost, but to shock. But who has ever heard of a SWG and ionizer in one....plus not to mention all the problems that would come with that.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.