Installing Pentair Load Center for Easy Touch

Oct 17, 2012
Having trouble with the EasyTouch wiring instructions as well. The confusion seems to be that I do not have a 2 speed pump. My Question(s) for anyone that can help! I have an Intelliflo (variable flow) 3hp pentair pump and Salt Chlorine Generator. Do I wire the pump directly to a breaker, then connect the pumps communications port wire to the easy touch?...... if this is correct - how does the SCG get wired? Do I connect the SCG transformer directly to another seperate 20 AMP breaker? or hook the transformer to the Pump Relay Line-Load, if so this means the SCG is not wired to/with the pump power correct? anyway any help!!! I just want to make sure the SCG only turns on when the pump turns on etc.

You're on the right road. You hook the pump power directly to a breaker and run the comm cable and let it control the pump. You hook the swg to the relay. The automation system won't let the swg run if the pump isn't running. You also have the added protection of the flow switch to keep it from running if there's no flow.

You can also run from breaker to line side of relay. Second wire from line side of relay to pump, and load side to SWG.
This makes for a clean install, and keeps it legal as you are not supposed to run multiple wires to breaker unless it is made for it.

Thank you for the reply guys - the setup i have is now correct - 20amp 2pole breaker to the pump dedicated, the salt chlorine generator is on its own beaker 20amp 2 pole that is wired to the pump relay and the transformer is wired to the Load Side relay ( line 1&2 are power from the beaker and load 1&2 go to the transformer) 240 is the way mine is wired - appreciate the reassurance I will post pics for future help tomorrow cuz pentair doesn't seem too interested in making simple

pentair doesn't seem too interested in making simple
For the layman maybe.
I am a pool builder and was a commercial electrician for much of my early life. To me it is very simple.
This is designed to be installed by a professional, a layman will have a learning curve.

On the manual it clearly states:
This product must be installed by a licensed or certified electrician or a qualified
pool professional in accordance with the National Electrical Code (NEC), NFPA
70 or the Canadian Electrical Code (CEC), CSA C22.1. All applicable local
installation codes and ordinances must also be adhered to. Improper installation
will create an electrical hazard which could result in death or serious injury to
pool users, installers or others due to electrical shock, and may also cause
damage to property. Always disconnect the power to the pool light at the circuit
breaker before servicing the light. Failure to do so could result in death or serious
injury to serviceman, pool users or others due to electrical shock.

It is truly not set up for homeowners. That doesn't me you cant do it, but don't get ****** at the company for not laying it out in terms that make sense to you.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.