Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Installing Pentair Load Center for Easy Touch

1. Back To Top    #1

Installing Pentair Load Center for Easy Touch

Having trouble with the EasyTouch wiring instructions as well. The confusion seems to be that I do not have a 2 speed pump. My Question(s) for anyone that can help! I have an Intelliflo (variable flow) 3hp pentair pump and Salt Chlorine Generator. Do I wire the pump directly to a breaker, then connect the pumps communications port wire to the easy touch?...... if this is correct - how does the SCG get wired? Do I connect the SCG transformer directly to another seperate 20 AMP breaker? or hook the transformer to the Pump Relay Line-Load, if so this means the SCG is not wired to/with the pump power correct? anyway any help!!! I just want to make sure the SCG only turns on when the pump turns on etc.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Installing Pentair Load Center for Easy Touch

You're on the right road. You hook the pump power directly to a breaker and run the comm cable and let it control the pump. You hook the swg to the relay. The automation system won't let the swg run if the pump isn't running. You also have the added protection of the flow switch to keep it from running if there's no flow.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

What he said!!
    14.5K gal Plaster IGP, Intelliflo VS, EasyTouch 8, SWG, IntellipH, Clear and Clean 420 Cartridge Filter, Attached Spa, H400IDL2 NG Heater

4. Back To Top    #4

In the Industry

You can also run from breaker to line side of relay. Second wire from line side of relay to pump, and load side to SWG.
    This makes for a clean install, and keeps it legal as you are not supposed to run multiple wires to breaker unless it is made for it.

5. Back To Top    #5

Yes, but the Intelliflo's are supposed to get constant power from the breaker per the manual. Correct?

EDIT: NVM, reread PB's post. Too tired right now to comprehend what was said.
    14.5K gal Plaster IGP, Intelliflo VS, EasyTouch 8, SWG, IntellipH, Clear and Clean 420 Cartridge Filter, Attached Spa, H400IDL2 NG Heater

6. Back To Top    #6

Thank you for the reply guys - the setup i have is now correct - 20amp 2pole breaker to the pump dedicated, the salt chlorine generator is on its own beaker 20amp 2 pole that is wired to the pump relay and the transformer is wired to the Load Side relay ( line 1&2 are power from the beaker and load 1&2 go to the transformer) 240 is the way mine is wired - appreciate the reassurance I will post pics for future help tomorrow cuz pentair doesn't seem too interested in making simple

7. Back To Top    #7

In the Industry

pentair doesn't seem too interested in making simple
    For the layman maybe.
    I am a pool builder and was a commercial electrician for much of my early life. To me it is very simple.
    This is designed to be installed by a professional, a layman will have a learning curve.

On the manual it clearly states:
    This product must be installed by a licensed or certified electrician or a qualified
    pool professional in accordance with the National Electrical Code (NEC), NFPA
    70 or the Canadian Electrical Code (CEC), CSA C22.1. All applicable local
    installation codes and ordinances must also be adhered to. Improper installation
    will create an electrical hazard which could result in death or serious injury to
    pool users, installers or others due to electrical shock, and may also cause
    damage to property. Always disconnect the power to the pool light at the circuit
    breaker before servicing the light. Failure to do so could result in death or serious
    injury to serviceman, pool users or others due to electrical shock.

It is truly not set up for homeowners. That doesn't me you cant do it, but don't get ****** at the company for not laying it out in terms that make sense to you.