Air Pillow deflated

Oct 17, 2012
Im new here and new pool owner, i am in NY and my cover for my above ground pool will not stay on, i am in a wide open area and have tried it all. I am considering just giving up on the cover, my question is should i leave the air pillow in or not?

bobby22 said:
Im new here and new pool owner, i am in NY and my cover for my above ground pool will not stay on, i am in a wide open area and have tried it all. I am considering just giving up on the cover, my question is should i leave the air pillow in or not?

You really need to cover the pool, or you are going to have a royal mess when you open in the spring.

What are you currently using to hold the cover on the pool?

1) The cover needs to the be the correct size for the pool
2) The cover does not get pulled taught like a drum, it rests (floats) on the pool water where it can.
3) You can fasten it with a wire with a ratchet. The wire goes in the grommets around the edge. If your cover has grommets that are not equally spaced, the wire goes on the outside of the cover between the grommets that are far apart, and under the cover between the close together grommets.
4) You can also hang water bags or old bleach bottles full of water from the grommets to hold down the cover.

To answer your original question. If you insist on leaving the cover off, you might as well leave the pillow in if you can. If the surface freezes solid, it with help prevent the walls from pushing outward.

-dave

This is our first year with our new pool and having to cover it...we opted to not use an air pillow this year, see how it goes, and we used the pool shrink wrap (an entire roll) around the top of the cover. We have been getting some wicked winds lately and the cover is holding good...I think it's all in the shrink wrap, keeps the air out from underneath.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.