Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gunite PB Quote in Oklahoma

1. Back To Top    #1

Gunite PB Quote in Oklahoma

Completely new to the idea of owning a pool but about ready to take the plunge. Been working with different PB's on getting quotes and this is the one we are leaning towards. Hoping to make a decision by 10/31 and start the process. Can I please get some feedback/ideas of how the quote looks and maybe other questions I need to ask the builder regarding the pool build

Thanks.

93 Perimeter
    Dimensions: 34' L X 26' W Max
    Water Depths: 3'- 7'
    Quality controlled gunite with a minimum of 4,500 psi
    Standard Tile
    Oklahoma Flagstone Coping
    1 Swim Out
    1 Tanning Ledge with 2 bubblers
    PUMP: Whisperflo Pump 2 HP
    FILTER: Clean & Clear Plus 420 Cartridge Filter
    CLEANER: Pentair Legend Inground Pool Cleaner
    LIGHTING: (1) Pool LED with Optional Controller
    SANITIZER: Intellichlor Salt System
    ( 2 ) Hayward automatic surface skimmer
    EXCAVATION: Complete dirt excavation. If rock is encountered the charge will be $250.00 per hour.
    ELECTRICAL INCLUDED IN BID (HOOK UP EQUIPMENT ONLY)
    DECKS: 500 sq. ft. of Amerideck/ Will Overlay Existing Deck As Well
    PLASTER: QuartzScapes or ColorScapes
    Freeze Guard Protection
    Woodburning Brick Fire Pit Included as well
    34X26, 3'-7', 420 cartridge, intelliflo variable Pump, pentair legend cleaner, intellichor salt system, jump rock, ok flagstone, suntan ledge w 2 bubblers, LED w opt controller, intermatic w/freeze, 500sf amerideck, rock waterfall

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: Gunite PB Quote in Oklahoma

I would pay a little extra for a sand filter.......you'll find it more convenient in the long run.
    24' round above ground, 13500 gallons, vinyl liner, 18" Sand Filter

3. Back To Top    #3

If you plan on doing a lot of swimming at night with the light on I'd go with a DE filter. They do a better job of filtering out fine particles that will be visible when backlit by your light.

4. Back To Top    #4

Thank you both. Hadn't even considered a sand or DE filter. We live in the windy state of Oklahoma with no trees around. The main threat we have is the wind blowing grass/dirt into the pool. Knowing this, would you have a different recommendation on the filter? It seems the DE may be best for those small particles of dirt?

You have definitely given me something to research!
    34X26, 3'-7', 420 cartridge, intelliflo variable Pump, pentair legend cleaner, intellichor salt system, jump rock, ok flagstone, suntan ledge w 2 bubblers, LED w opt controller, intermatic w/freeze, 500sf amerideck, rock waterfall

5. Back To Top    #5

You should check with your local EPA or environmental agency on the DE waste. We were in Lawton back in the mid 80s, a friend had a pool and they had issues just back washing their salt water. Had to put in a pit for a French drain to contain the salt water. (no salt chlorine generator at that time, they just loved the feel on their skin) so the DE may be a concern.
    Ron- Kansas. IG fiberglass, Riviera 30 Freeform 13600 gallons,
    EasyTouch 4 w/IC20 SWCG, Pentair Whisperflo 1hp, 2 speed 220 pump, Hayward ProGrid 4820 DE filter using Eco Klean instead of DE, 2 Savi Melody 12v 5 color LEDs, Raypack 266k btu millivolt heater, Arctic Armour Mesh custom safety cover (Total self Install) TF-100 test kit w/Magic stir.

6. Back To Top    #6

poolinok,
    What PB are you thinking of going with? I think we may have the same as you
    36 x 18, 3'-7', 420 cartridge, whisperflo pump 2hp, pentair legend cleaner, intellichor salt system, jump rock, ok flagstone, suntan ledge w 2 bubblers, LED w opt controller, intermatic w/freeze, 400sf amerideck, quartzscape or colorscape plaster, 12 inch wall for slope in yard

7. Back To Top    #7

Blisstmr - It is Quiescent Aquatics. Who is your PB?

8. Back To Top    #8

That's ours too! We started last week, will try to post some pics this evening. We have a big hole, lots of red dirt and re-bar . Very happy so far.

We have very similar equipment, 36 x 17, no fire pit but same price so u have a good deal.

Trying to decide on plaster color and tile, have u picked those?
    36 x 18, 3'-7', 420 cartridge, whisperflo pump 2hp, pentair legend cleaner, intellichor salt system, jump rock, ok flagstone, suntan ledge w 2 bubblers, LED w opt controller, intermatic w/freeze, 400sf amerideck, quartzscape or colorscape plaster, 12 inch wall for slope in yard

9. Back To Top    #9

Glad to hear it! I would be very interested in your pics and following your build experience with them. We are still deciding between a few PB's but they are currently at or near the top if we can get a few details worked out in comparing their quote vs some others.

The firepit was a "throw in" because we first visited them at the state fair. Honestly I could live without it if needed.

My main hesitation with them is the fact that as a company they are fairly new to the market. If you don't mind me asking what made you decide to go with them?

By the way, we are in Piedmont - what part of the state are you in?

10. Back To Top    #10

Forgot to answer your question. No we haven't picked plaster or tile yet. Not sure how much say I will have in that area vs the wife!

11. Back To Top    #11

We are in OKC but piedmont schools, so very close to u!

We looked at 4 builders and talked to several people about work they had done. Went and saw 3 different pools that QA had done. I felt like they were a newer company but had worked in the industry for a long time, not only Donny but the guy that came and did the dig. He answered every question I could come up with.

The price was another big factor, the other quotes were 10-15k higher. This wasn't the only factor but if I could get what I wanted 10-15 less, that appealed to me.

They are not the fastest so it takes some patience. I sell real estate so I understand that u can't only work one deal at a time, u have to have several deals going so u will have a continuous pay check and be able to continually pay ur people.

U are welcome to come take a look anytime!

12. Back To Top    #12

Ok I posted pics in Under Construction, let me know what u think!

13. Back To Top    #13

Finally pulled the trigger and signed a contract today. Same specs as above except I did upgrade to the Intelliflo Variable Pum vs the Whisperflo 2HP Pump.

I did post a question about the Kreepy Krauly Legend vs 9300 under the pool cleaning section of this board, as this is another option the builder gave us. Not sure what to do there - and would welcomve feedback.

Very excited to start this process and be swimming this summer!

14. Back To Top    #14

Congrats on the contract. When will they start the dig? I am considering Donny too. I am in Edmond, what part of town are you? I have seen Donny's work at blisstmr home, very nice!! Please keep us posted how it is going.
    IG gunite Edmond, OK(OKC), 18x36 freeform ~20K, 4-8' deep, Pentair equip, (2) 3hp VS+ pump, 520 cart filter, 3 LED, Easytouch8, ItellichlorIC40 SWG, Polaris 3900 cleaner, Spa 8'x18"raised, 20' raised bond beam 2 sheers, Stonescape Tahoe Blue quartz plaster, TF-100 kit.
    Feb. 25, 2014 dig started, May 24, 2014 filled.

15. Back To Top    #15

Flatlander,

Dig should start very soon. Donny was applying for permits early this week and getting Okie Dig out to mark gas/electric lines. The only possible delays to starting the dig are on our end. We have to get HOA approval (shouldn't be a problem) but more challenging is we have to get one of our sprinkler heads re-routed for our aerobic septic system as of course it is currently sitting directly in the middle of where our pool will be.

The septic guys are supposed to hopefully be out this week.

Once we start, you are welcome to come over and look anytime. We live in Piedmont, so pretty close to you.

16. Back To Top    #16

Quote Originally Posted by poolinok
    Flatlander,

we have to get one of our sprinkler heads re-routed for our aerobic septic system as of course it is currently sitting directly in the middle of
    I'm sure your PB will have no problem re-routing your sprinkler lines like ours did. Our PB just used their Bobcat to crush or break every line in its path from the street to our back yard. Sometimes just folding or creasing them, but often times just pulling them out with my expensive Hunter Rotors attached!!... what joy!!
    Pool done!! (backyard = work in progress) 32' x 19' inground freeform with 7' spa, baja step w/ (2) bubblers, stonescapes mini pebble finish, rock waterfall feature, 12" raised bond beam, Intelliflo VS, Whisperflo feature pump, (3) 5G Color LED's, FNS + DE 60, 400K Master Temp, Easytouch 8 w/ remote, Intellichlor IC40, Vision Classic Ceramic Kamado smoker, Margaritaville DM1000!!! Party Coming Soon!!
    TF-100 Test Kit w/ Speedstir

17. Back To Top    #17

Ouch. Sounds like a bit of an unpleasant experience. Fingers crossed we have a little less damage!

18. Back To Top    #18

How's it going? Any updates? Has Donny given you an idea on tentative completion date?
    Thanks, Mark
    IG gunite Edmond, OK(OKC), 18x36 freeform ~20K, 4-8' deep, Pentair equip, (2) 3hp VS+ pump, 520 cart filter, 3 LED, Easytouch8, ItellichlorIC40 SWG, Polaris 3900 cleaner, Spa 8'x18"raised, 20' raised bond beam 2 sheers, Stonescape Tahoe Blue quartz plaster, TF-100 kit.
    Feb. 25, 2014 dig started, May 24, 2014 filled.

19. Back To Top    #19

Hey Mark,

Okie Dig was out last week, HOA gave approval last week, sprinkler and septic guy completed his capping on Tuesday. Donny got permits this week.

Donny and team were out yesterday marking the pool area. Dig is supposed to start tomorrow! (Let's hope the rain holds off).

As soon as the dig starts, I will post some pictures. He orginally mentioned hoping to have the pool done by early-mid May. I will be thrilled if the pool is ready to open on Memorial Day weekend!

20. Back To Top    #20

Mark,

I started a new topic for the pool build. Posted some pics as they outlined and brought in the digging equipment this afternoon. Guess this is really happening!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast