Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Have question re closing pool

1. Back To Top    #1

Have question re closing pool

I always hired a company to close my pool.

Last year the gentleman in my life suggested that we close the pool ourselves (since we had successfully opened it with no problems).

I live in Southern Ontario Canada and usually our winters are mild, so we don't blow out the lines, just allow them to drain.

All went well last year (fall 2011) - closed the pool and re-opened in may 2012 had no problem.

For some reason when we closed it last year I seem to recall that when I put the anti-freeze in the skimmer and screwed in the Skimmer Gizmo there was no water in the bottom of the skimmer, this year there is water. I guess my question is - should there be water?? And if not what is the best way of blowing out the lines.

All help is appreciated and please answer as quickly as possible or I may not have a gentleman friend, cause I will drown him. I have always been told that couples should not paint or wallpaper together, I think they should add open & close a pool to that saying

2. Back To Top    #2
    SouthWest Alabama

Re: Have question re closing pool

Unless you drained the water completely out of the skimmer piping there would be some in it when you closed it.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit