closing pool, 4hp shop vac nor leaf blower made it

smooth2222

LifeTime Supporter
Oct 25, 2010
michigan
closing pool, 4hp shop vac nor leaf blower made it.

my 4hp shop vac nor leaf blower was able to blow the lines out.

What is the name of the professional ones use to blow out the lines? and how much are they?

IF i use my air compressor, what pressure should i set my regulator at?

15,000 gallon 13x 40 feet, max depth 5.6 feet, less than that cause i drained 1.5 feet.

Not sure about the PSI setting, but surprised the leafblower did not at least blow some air. Is your multiport set to recirculate...all other valves open?

Just bought one off ebay 319 free shipping. 1 year will pay for itself, so next year will be free.

pool is 1.5 drained and will have to wait till monday before it arrives. luckily i have a electric robot to vacuum up the leaves.

bummer i gotta wait though, was hoping to close it and be done.

smooth2222 said:
IF i use my air compressor, what pressure should i set my regulator at?

I've been using my 5hp 50 gal compressor since 2004. 25 psi for skimmer and main drains and returns if they're above water level. If I need to put the plugs in under water while blowing then I'll drop it to about 10psi or it will pop the plug before I can depressurize. 25psi causes water to shoot several feet in the air out of the skimmers and creates an air volcano under water out of the main drains. My backpack leaf blower and 3hp Shop-Vac were useless.

I bought a Balboa Mighty Vac from Poolsupplyworld last month for a grand total of $248 delivered to my door. I wanted to make sure that I got one of these before closing season when the prices may increase. I haven't checked lately to see how much they are currently going for. I'm going to close the pool this weekend and can't wait to try it out.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.