Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: closing pool, 4hp shop vac nor leaf blower made it

1. Back To Top    #1

closing pool, 4hp shop vac nor leaf blower made it

closing pool, 4hp shop vac nor leaf blower made it.

my 4hp shop vac nor leaf blower was able to blow the lines out.

What is the name of the professional ones use to blow out the lines? and how much are they?

IF i use my air compressor, what pressure should i set my regulator at?

15,000 gallon 13x 40 feet, max depth 5.6 feet, less than that cause i drained 1.5 feet.
    15,000 gallon inground fiberglass pool with spa. 350lb Sand filter, 1.5 hp pump, and heater

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: closing pool, 4hp shop vac nor leaf blower made it

Not sure about the PSI setting, but surprised the leafblower did not at least blow some air. Is your multiport set to recirculate...all other valves open?
    24'x52" AGP (13,500 Gallons), Intex SWG, (2)Solar Bear 4x20 panels, Hayward S220T Filter, 1/2hp Pentair Superflo

Pool School, TFTestKits, Pool Calculator

3. Back To Top    #3

Yup, was playing with all the valves, even opened pump filter basket, no air, My skimmer is on the other side of the pool, atleast 40-50 feet from pool filter
    15,000 gallon inground fiberglass pool with spa. 350lb Sand filter, 1.5 hp pump, and heater

4. Back To Top    #4

In the Industry

This is what the majority of pool guys use for 99% of plumbing http://www.amazon.com/Air-Supply-Cyclon ... B004BNR5DC
    -Kevin
    X-Pert Pool Service
    x-pertpool.com
    X-Pert Pool on Facebook and @XPertPoolServic on Twitter
    22,000 gal / 16' x 32' / Vinyl / Hayward s244t /Pentair SuperFlo 1 hp

5. Back To Top    #5

Just bought one off ebay 319 free shipping. 1 year will pay for itself, so next year will be free.

pool is 1.5 drained and will have to wait till monday before it arrives. luckily i have a electric robot to vacuum up the leaves.

bummer i gotta wait though, was hoping to close it and be done.

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by smooth2222
    IF i use my air compressor, what pressure should i set my regulator at?
    I've been using my 5hp 50 gal compressor since 2004. 25 psi for skimmer and main drains and returns if they're above water level. If I need to put the plugs in under water while blowing then I'll drop it to about 10psi or it will pop the plug before I can depressurize. 25psi causes water to shoot several feet in the air out of the skimmers and creates an air volcano under water out of the main drains. My backpack leaf blower and 3hp Shop-Vac were useless.
    Current: 28,000G 18'x36' I/G AnthonySylvan Plaster; Waterway 60 sq.ft. DE Filter; 1.0hp x 1.65 SF Two-Speed (B2982) WhisperFlo; 2004-Present
    Previous: 40,000G 20'x40' I/G Koven unlined WWII salvage 5/8" marine steel; Lomart Stainless Sand Filter; 3/4hp Hayward SuperPump; 1946-2003 (managed by me from about 1964)
    Ancient Taylor K-2000, upgraded with Taylor CH, TA, and FAS-DPD, and TFT CYA tests.

7. Back To Top    #7

I bought a Balboa Mighty Vac from Poolsupplyworld last month for a grand total of $248 delivered to my door. I wanted to make sure that I got one of these before closing season when the prices may increase. I haven't checked lately to see how much they are currently going for. I'm going to close the pool this weekend and can't wait to try it out.
    Free-form concrete walls with vinyl liner, 18,000 gallon capacity, Jandy 1.5HP e-Pump, Jandy DEV48 DE filter (using cellulose media), Jandy AE2500 heat pump, Jandy Aqualink Power Center with 14-blade cell kit and Jandy PDA-P8 wireless control system.