Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Looking for service to close in Lake county, IL (NE of Chi)

1. Back To Top    #1

Looking for service to close in Lake county, IL (NE of Chi)

We're new to the pool scene, so looking for a pool service to close at least this first year. Located near Gurnee, IL.

Any recommendations? Horror stories?
    25000 gal inground curved L shape - concrete, fiberglass walls - with Jacuzzi Sherlock 160 cartridge filter, Laars Lite LLG gas heater & Klean-a-tron robot
    near the pool: Cookshack Smokette, Akorn Kamado grill, putting green
    in the shed: Deere greens mower, Simplicity FC-16 front cut mower

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Looking for service to close in Lake county, IL (NE of C

Unless you feel overwhelmed doing it yourself, there is plenty of information and help available here. No one will care more about your pool than you do!
    Aaron
    [ Vogue Vectra 24' AG | Hard plumb: Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 1HP 2-speed, 27" sand filter & Pentair MiniMax 100 NG | Taylor K-2006 | Central IL ]
    Powered by: TFP, PoolMath & TFTestkits

3. Back To Top    #3

I suspect that's true, plus my brother-in-law who used to have an IG can give advice. On the other hand, our house's previous owners used to have a company close it - they opened themselves. And a mistake could be expensive.

One other thing I'm a bit worried about: Our equipment (pump, filter, heater) is all in the basement of the house. Lines for it go up and exit the house at ground level, then back under the pool deck. So, once we drain water below skimmers and returns, it should be pretty straightforward to get most of the water out of the skimmers and returns. I'm thinking open the pump drain and blow back from the pool. But, what do we do about the main drain? That line also goes from bottom of pool up to above grade.
    25000 gal inground curved L shape - concrete, fiberglass walls - with Jacuzzi Sherlock 160 cartridge filter, Laars Lite LLG gas heater & Klean-a-tron robot
    near the pool: Cookshack Smokette, Akorn Kamado grill, putting green
    in the shed: Deere greens mower, Simplicity FC-16 front cut mower

4. Back To Top    #4

PM sent
    24 foot AG Vinyl, 10 year old wall, 1 year old liner
    Hayward 240T Sand (free!)
    Hayward 1.5 hp pump (free)
    BBB just ROCKS!