Spa size (Is it possible to make the spa too big?)

mnittler

LifeTime Supporter
Sep 17, 2012
South Texas
What would the ideal size round spa be? If you had to do it again what size spa would you install? We currently have an 8' round spa in our new construction pool contract but it can be changed if required at this time. Seniors with kids and grand children.

An 8 foot spa should be good and would be my choice if I had the room for it. Do remember that the larger the spa means more time that you will need to heat the water. We use our 7' spa all year long and are usually in it 3-4 times a week during the winter and need to raise the temp from around 60 degrees.

When it comes to heaters, the bigger the faster they will heat the water so I would go with a 400k heater. I have that on a 7' spa and when it is really cold out, it can take over an hour to heat the water from 45 up to 102. It will take a 8' spa 30% longer to heat up.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.