Spa Steps (In-ground) Do you need them

While we don't have a "step" in our spa we do have a raised seating section. It's 4" higher than the rest of the seating area. Most people enter and exit at this spot. Is your spa raised or level with the pool. Ours is raised 18" above the pool. To enter most people just step up the 18" and down into the raised seat. Some people just sit on the 18" raised coping and swing their legs over and into the spa.

Our Spa design is nearly level with the pool water level (spa overflow is only 3" higher than the pool water level). Was the higher seat intended to be a step or just to be a shallow seat? We are also installing a semi-circle bench/seat on the outside of the spa that is in the pool area for seating (your back will be against the spa wall).

You probably don't want to step down more than 8" to get in the spa. We all age and the body does not work the same as the younger days, I'm only 45 and my knees are already giving me major problems. I have an entry step in my spa but I wish it had two before the sitting area.

You need steps and a hand rail.

Well, you might not need them today, but tomorrow's coming. I first noticed I needed a hand rail when my 80ish MIL had trouble getting out of the pool. Last summer, I had knee trouble and I realized rails would be handy for both walking in and out. And, I'm decades away from being 80....

Just my $0.02.

Lol at hard rail. Do what’s comfortable for your family. I’m 42, and have kids. We have no steps and I’m not an “old person” so we enjoy the full room without rail and steps. America has such weird safety standards!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.