Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: My Walmart not carrying 182oz 6% any longer

1. Back To Top    #1

My Walmart not carrying 182oz 6% any longer

My husband went to pick up some clorox bleach for me today for the pool. Turns out they have
    switched to a 121 oz bottle at 8.25 % strength. He asked them to check in the back for the 182oz 6% bottles and they said there was no point in looking as they were not going to carry them any longer.
    Angie M.
    AG, 26' x 52" Intex Ultra Frame, vinyl, 14667 gal. And LOVING it!!! Hayward S15922S 1HP, 2SP pump and Hayward S220T Sand Filter. Hard plumbed with PVC, added second return, intex SWG, Hydro Pool widemouth skimmer. Set up in May 2012!
    N.E. Florida. TF100 - Best investment EVER! (Well, for the pool anyway)

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: My Walmart not carrying 182oz 6% any longer

The old bottles contained about 11 (10.92) chlorine-ounces. The new bottles contain about 10 (9.9825) chlorine-ounces. If the price is the same, that's about a 10% price increase. If the price is less for the smaller bottles, it may be a wash or even a better deal.
    14,500 gallons, Clean and Clear 150 cartridge, IG, gunite, USQ 1152 1.5 hp motor (3450 rpm), Pentair Pinnacle Pump

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by Taterfink
    My husband went to pick up some clorox bleach for me today for the pool. Turns out they have
    switched to a 121 oz bottle at 8.25 % strength. He asked them to check in the back for the 182oz 6% bottles and they said there was no point in looking as they were not going to carry them any longer.
    It has been like this for about a month

interesting-observation-about-bleach-tonight-t51968.html
    13,000 Plaster IG Pool approx
    Hayward C5030 Cart Filter
    Emerson 1081 EB653 1.0 HP 1.40 S.F. 3450 RPM
    Pool Calculator, Pool School, TF Test Kits

4. Back To Top    #4

Our Walmart here is actually quite expensive for bleach, not the highest, but too high IMO.

I buy it at Kroger, they have a zillion sub brands and stores, but here in the Pac NW, it's Fred Meyer and it comes to about 17c/CL oz. SUPER CHEAP!!
    It's still labeled as 6% for 182oz, but it's actually 8%. If I use 6% in pool calc for my nightly additions, it comes out to be waaayyy high. But if I use 8%, it's spot on, every time. So It's probably 8.25%, it has been this way since I got my pool back in July of this year.

Here's my post in a thread /w more detail on the matter.
    walmart-bleach-vs-pool-store-bleach-t52968.html#p442878

*Seriously, I don't work for Kroger, I'm just a bargain freak!!
    Thanks for reading... - Tony
    Da' Pool: Intex 15'x42" 3284gal AGP EasySet (Inflatable Ring) - (Summer 2014: 27' round EW /w 6.5' deep end @ 22,500gal)
    Pump & Cart Mod: 1000gph Cart. 5ft² - 2 nylons, 24/7 OP. Traps bugs/bits, lasts longer/cleans easier = Happier Pool Owner!!
    The Bible for a "Trouble Free Pool" life = PoolSchool, the BBB method a TF100 test kit(Recommend Kits Compared). - Cleaning a Sand Filter
    Water looks like GLASS, if yours doesn't...SLAM IT! Feels nice and never been happier!!! :D

5. Back To Top    #5

Sorry for the redundancy then . I've been away and out of touch for a few months and didn't see y'alls threads. I looked around some, just didn't see them.
    Angie M.
    AG, 26' x 52" Intex Ultra Frame, vinyl, 14667 gal. And LOVING it!!! Hayward S15922S 1HP, 2SP pump and Hayward S220T Sand Filter. Hard plumbed with PVC, added second return, intex SWG, Hydro Pool widemouth skimmer. Set up in May 2012!

6. Back To Top    #6

BAH!! No worries.
    You're allowed to go live under a rock for a while, no problem.
    The Googles with the Interwebs doesn't always work the best for finding what one needs. It's no biggie. Humans are much better databases than search engines are, especially lots of humans in one place. It's like an ultra Google, even better!!

So ask away.
    Thanks for reading... - Tony
    Da' Pool: Intex 15'x42" 3284gal AGP EasySet (Inflatable Ring) - (Summer 2014: 27' round EW /w 6.5' deep end @ 22,500gal)
    Pump & Cart Mod: 1000gph Cart. 5ft² - 2 nylons, 24/7 OP. Traps bugs/bits, lasts longer/cleans easier = Happier Pool Owner!!
    The Bible for a "Trouble Free Pool" life = PoolSchool, the BBB method a TF100 test kit(Recommend Kits Compared). - Cleaning a Sand Filter
    Water looks like GLASS, if yours doesn't...SLAM IT! Feels nice and never been happier!!! :D

7. Back To Top    #7

Thank you.
    Angie M.