aqua rite electronic chlorine generator no led or lights

phoqus

Oct 14, 2012
I replaced the thermistor on the pcb because I had a no power light issue. It worked and all was working after I soldered it in yesterday, but today when the system turned on there are now no lights lit up, and the led won't light up either. Pump turns on, but seems like the board is completely dead now, and the fuse that comes out of the bottom still looks fine. Any ideas, or am I unfortunately looking at a new/used board? I do have a see through turbo cell so I can see if it's generating or not. Definitely not...

phoqus said:
I replaced the thermistor on the pcb because I had a no power light issue. It worked and all was working after I soldered it in yesterday, but today when the system turned on there are now no lights lit up, and the led won't light up either. Pump turns on, but seems like the board is completely dead now, and the fuse that comes out of the bottom still looks fine. Any ideas, or am I unfortunately looking at a new/used board? I do have a see through turbo cell so I can see if it's generating or not. Definitely not...

By all means reexamine the replaced current limiter.
But, don't trust a visual inspection of the glass fuze; either test it with a VOM or replace it, then you'll know.

I experienced a similar problem, after testing the current limiter and finding it functioning, I removed the board and inspected the reverse side. I discovered a slight brownish tinge behind the top of two relays on the board. Ordered replacements which also were relatively cheap. It was a little more work to replace because there were more points of contact with the board. After replacing I fired it up and all is well. I had to repeat this process with the same relay about 18 mos. later. Omron GBP-1C4P 24V relays.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.