FC - 0
CC - 0
PH - 7.8 ish, maybe a little higher
TA - 60
CH - 3300
CYA - 0
Salt - 1560

Pool Vol - calculated @ 44883

CH is way out of whack. I know the forum recommends emptying the pool, but seriously? Opening the pool they did the chemical bath where the ph was way lower to dissolve the plaster dust. They told me the plaster was going to continue to cure up through the first year. Soooo, drain the pool or get the other numbers in order?

I did the tf100 drop test. A little background..I just opened my pool. PB did the acid wash to cure the plaster. Today I cleaned the filter (yuk!) for the first time. I still have a lot of dust when I sweep, so I am gonna just be patient with those numbers. I think I need to filter everything out before it will do any good to empty the pool.

Now for the rest of the numbers..I am adding muriatic acid, stabilizer and salt. I know I need to add bleach, the search for salt distracted me from that. Everyone in town except Leslies is running out, setting up for Christmas..lol I will add those and see where the numbers go.. more tomorrow. Thanks very much for the response Staumurr!!

arvven said:
SWG, new plaster pool. First pool measurements, aren't good:

FC - 0
CC - 0
PH - 7.8 ish, maybe a little higher
TA - 60
CH - 3300
CYA - 0
Salt - 1560

Pool Vol - calculated @ 44883

3300??? That means it took 330 drops to change color. Ouch... I'm getting cramps just thinking about all those drops and all the swirling!

-sent with Tapatalk 2

arvven said:
OMG..ur right. It should be 33x10...330. Whew. I was freaking out. Thanks for the check! I will adjust tomorrow!

Whew... that makes more sense! 330 is no biggie - just calculate your csi and determine what you need to adjust.

-sent with Tapatalk 2

Generally it is advised to not any salt for 30 days after a pool is plastered. Did the builder say it was fine to add before then? Given the experiments done and described in other threads, I would advise against adding any salt for at least a month since the plaster will cure better without it.

Ooh and you do not need pool salt ... solar salt for water softener is cheaper and the same thing ... as long as you avoid any with additives.

Posted from my Droid with Tapatalk ... sorry if my response is short ;)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.