TC 7
Ph 8.2
TA 100
CH 700
CYA 32-35

cl - 5
br - 10

What should I do ?

That pH may be higher than it reads. With a SWG, your primary focus should be on FC and pH. pH constantly creeps up with the SWG.

Stuamur's recommendation is spot-on. Make SURE you are at 7.2 before you move on, high FC will make pH impossible to read. You may have to make multiple muriatic acid additions to get pH down.

You can leave the SWG on if you want, but it has to be turned off when you are ready to perform the OCLT.

Certainly adjust the PH to 7.2, but BEFORE begining the shock process, perform the OFCLT to ensure it requires shocking. Given there is plenty FC (7ppm with CYA at 30-40ppm)), I'm not convinced shocking is the answer, but the OFCLT will confirm. What type of green? Is it clear or murky? Any chance you have added copper algaecide recently?

Stabilizer can be purchased at your local pool store or walmart...just make sure the active ingredient is 96% or higher cyanuric acid. So after you adjusted PH the green went away. without shocking?

RobbieH said:
That pH may be higher than it reads. With a SWG, your primary focus should be on FC and pH. pH constantly creeps up with the SWG.

Stuamur's recommendation is spot-on. Make SURE you are at 7.2 before you move on, high FC will make pH impossible to read. You may have to make multiple muriatic acid additions to get pH down.

You can leave the SWG on if you want, but it has to be turned off when you are ready to perform the OCLT.

Whats the most effective way to reduce your pH?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.