Pentair Pinnacle 3/4 HP (P/N 34855) Leaking from Bottom

I ordered a new AO Smith motor, the B127, and it wouldn't work -- it turns out I need the square flange. This time I'm trying to do it right and thoroughly research to make sure I order the right motor. The specs on the current motor read:

Pentair
Manufacturer: AO Smith - E44549
Part 7-186236-20
3/4 HP
1.27 SF
Amps 5.4/10.8
Type:CX
Form: KJM
3450 RPM
Cust P/N 75232

When I cross-reference 186236 on the AO Smith website it tells me I need the AO Smith B2846 (http://www.inyopools.com/Products/00200 ... 4Aoda20A0w). This is a 1/2 HP motor, but my existing is obviously 3/4 HP. Is the B2846 the right motor? It seems like sometimes the 1/2 HP and 3/4 HP are exactly the same motor. Is there a more energy efficient motor I could use?

Thanks. Trying to get this all done and back up and running by Christmas.

But going lower is like putting a small metro 3 cyl motor into a Dodge truck and expecting it to perform. Think of the impeller as the load. It's matched to the motor size. Too small of a motor will work, but will burn up/wear out much quicker than a properly sized one.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
My saga continues...

Got the new motor and hooked everything up and for a second it seemed like I was in business, but then very slow water leakage appeared from three places:

(1) under the new motor -- which I assume is the seal, or the seal area. I'm concerned that maybe there is something wrong with the plastic housing because it is the same exact leak I was experiencing previously;

(2) out of the connection to the pump, right where the plumber putty (or whatever that is) connects to the pump. This is probably a result of all the motion/tork from taking the motor off/on; and

(3) around the center of the pool filter. On this one I think it is just that my O-ring has deteriorated and I ordered a new O-ring, which hopefully fixes my problem.

On #1, could I take some 2000 grit sand paper to remove any imperfections in the plastic housing where the mechanical seal fits in? Other than that, I'm not sure what I might be doing wrong.

On #2 (I've attached pictures), what can I do? I would think I would need to unscrew the threaded piping, put more plumber putty on the threads and reconnect. The problem is that when I try and unscrew with a pipe wrench I get absolutely no movement. Any thoughts there?

Thanks again for everyone's help. I'm running out of time as I've used up about all of my wife's patience...lol.

65mvx0.jpg

Pumps
70u8pj.jpg

Bumping hoping that someone can give me some help. Just not sure how to deal with the leak at the connection between the pump and the water line. It seems like I'll bust the connection if I turn any more and I'm getting no traction. Is my only option to replace both the housing and the pipe?

Thanks!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.