bad cell behavior?

coryp

Nov 6, 2007
i have a ps-8 with a t cell 15.... i'm pretty sure it's bad as it's been reding <2000 and my dropper kit says almost 4k... it does however seem to always start out at 3000-3200 when i just turn on the pump after its been down for a little while. i can do the save instant slat level at that time, but it always drops back down to 1800 or so and shuts down the cell. does this sound at all familiar?

thanks all

i see, i'll take it in. i noticed that it's not really just that it starts out that way, but reads much higher at high speed on the pump. at high it reads about 3k and -6.1amps, it drops to -4.1 amps and 1.6k on low, then shuts down after a few minutes.

i've heard people talk about wiring these in reverse to prevent buildup... i've never had a spot of scale on mine since it was installed. any chance that's the reason for the negative amps? or is that normal?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.