Circupool housing problems

TechnopakWilliam said:
Cracked cell housings . I am on my third one in 4 months. Anyone else similar issues

That sounds really strange. Are you sure your plumbing isn't putting stress / strain on the housing by being misaligned?

Rj 30 here. Replaced my housing for the 3rd. time in July and just noticed I have cracks again. Need to call Monday for the 4th housing in the 1st year of install . Both of the last housings had the nut just finger tight with the new o-rings they sent . Piping is not putting a strain on the housing. Hope they can solve this problem since the unit otherwise seems to be overall good so far. Customer service at discount salt pools has been excellent, hope they keep that up Monday when I call for my 4th housing.

To clarifiy, it's the nut that holds and retains the cell inside the housing so there is no strain on it at all. It's o-ring provides the seal, the housing gets multiply cracks under the nut even with the nut finger tight. All housings have cracked the exact way.

the cracks are under the nut that retains the cell in the housing, spoke with warrenty people and once again got great customer service, they will be taking care of the problem

Attachments

• salt generator cracks 021.jpg
    salt generator cracks 021.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 83
Bama Rambler said:
If those cracks are all the way around the housing they look like expansion cracks. It looks like the insert expands at a different rate than the housing causing the cracking.

yes, in all the failures the cracks are all around 360° on the end. Expansion cracks sound reasonable. Maybe not enough space tolerance between the o-ring seal and the housing or the o-ring swelling to much from temperature or sun exposure? Just guessing on my part. Maybe they need a groove in the housing for the o-ring to seat into?

Zona said:
the cracks are under the nut that retains the cell in the housing, spoke with warrenty people and once again got great customer service, they will be taking care of the problem
But one day the warranty will run out.

Sent via Tapatalk...

This can happen if the threaded collar is more than finger tight and the cell is exposed to a considerable temperature variation, i.e. an empty cell that is night-time cold suddenly flooded with warm pool water. Remember, it is not the tightness of the collar that makes the seal, it is the oring and all the collar needs to do is hold it in place. If it happens more than once, check the alignment of the plumbing to ensure that there is no strain on the cell body. Also make certain that there is no debris in the groove that the oring sits in. The parts should pop together with little force otherwise something is not right...call us if you are not sure. Lastly, the CircuPool warranty is applied very liberally in cases like this and we would always base it on the date the problem was first reported. Our policy is no unhappy customers!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I am on my 4th housing in 2 years. I believe its a defect. I finger tighten the big nut. After reading this blog. I realize I'm not the only one. I will call discount pools (they are closed now)and will try to get a replacement that last a little longer than a couple of weeks.. :cry:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.