Tear in Liner Caused Major Drainage

Jun 18, 2012
Toronto, ON
Hi again all,

Thanks to this forum I was able to get my pool chemistry sorted out earlier in the year but now I have a bigger problem.

There was a small leak but we thought it may be coming from one of the pumps. Then yesterday we set the vacuum going an now this morning there is a tear maybe a foot long or so and all the water has drained.

I was wondering if there is a limit to what can be patched? I'd like to try patch it and I found Boxer glue was recommended on some other threads, will that work for a tear this size?

We were getting ready to close the pool for the winter and as I understand we need to leave some water in to maintain it's structural integrity, is that true?

Thanks so much for the help, you guys are great.
Al

The Liner is 4 years old. We're going to get a patch kit, how much bigger should the patch be than the hole? I read 2 inches of extra material on all sides, does that sound good?

Also the boxer glue mentioned on this forum, is that the stuff that will come in the kit? Or is it better to find and buy boxer glue separately?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.