Unknown pool part

Jun 23, 2012
St Pete FL
HI I would love to post a pic of a part I found in with the pool supplies I acquired but it tells me the file is to big. Hoping if I can describe it good enough someone will tel me what it is and its purpose.
It is clear, hard, acrylic plastic, reminds me of clear PVC. It is in the shape of a right angle/elbow. On one end it has a u shaped area that looks as if the vac. hose attaches there. Inside of it there is a mechanism with a tight spring and black plastic disc that occludes anything from getting through it to the other end of the elbow. ?????? :?

Reduce the size of the picture in Paint or picture manager. Or post it on Photobucket and post the link.

Sounds like a check valve to me as well.

Posted from my Droid with Tapatalk ... sorry if my response is short ;)

Without a picture, I'm betting it's a flow indicator for a suction side diaphragm cleaner - water flowing past the gate gives you an indication of too low / medium / too high flow for the cleaner's bumping action.....

Mine got stuck halfway up a wall and sounded like a bass drum, until a neighbor called me at 0130 hrs to complain..........

sbn56 said:
Without a picture, I'm betting it's a flow indicator for a suction side diaphragm cleaner - water flowing past the gate gives you an indication of too low / medium / too high flow for the cleaner's bumping action.....

Mine got stuck halfway up a wall and sounded like a bass drum, until a neighbor called me at 0130 hrs to complain..........

That was my guess as well. You would only use it when running the cleaner. It mounts in the skimmer bottom and the cleaner hose would attach to the other end and go out the skimmer door. In theory they work as describerd, some also have a hole in the side with a spring loaded door in it so that if the suction is too high the door opens and allows the unit to draw water from the skimmer rather than all through the cleaner diaphragm.

Mine is touchy as well. too low and it just lays there. Too high and it climbs out of the water. The "just right" pressure is in a small range.

-dave

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.