Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Loop loc cover

1. Back To Top    #1

Loop loc cover

I was wondering if those plastic sleeves that go over the springs really do anything. Had my cover for 5 or 6 years now and the sleeves are falling apart. Do I need to replace? Aren't the springs stainless? They shouldn't rust,not that the sleeves protect against rust.

What do u think?
    20,000 gallon viking fiberglass pool w/aqua comfort heat pump, pentair whisperflo pump 1.5hp autopilot dig-220 swg w/RC42 cell (42,000), pg2000 fiber optic lights
    hayward sand filter(medium is echoglass)
    Blue diamond robot cleaner

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: Loop loc cover

Here is the description from loop-locs website

Spring Covers- Regular
    UV treated- used to protect the spring & the deck. 6" long

No they won't rust, it's more for abrasion. So the spring doesn't become damaged from being sanded off the concrete deck around the pool. Not to mention the concrete decking would probably have marks on it from the springs eventually. That being said I close many pools every year that don't have them and haven't really noticed damage to either spring or decking. There is some pressure though, just look where the straps rub the coping. It's not noticeable unless you are looking for it but aluminum coping will have the paint rubbed off and even small impressions can form.
    -Kevin
    X-Pert Pool Service
    x-pertpool.com
    X-Pert Pool on Facebook and @XPertPoolServic on Twitter
    22,000 gal / 16' x 32' / Vinyl / Hayward s244t /Pentair SuperFlo 1 hp

3. Back To Top    #3

Ok....makes sense. Do u ever come across sleeves that have so much dirt n build up over the years? How do u clean them? I thought of replacing but theres a lot of them,gets expensive
    20,000 gallon viking fiberglass pool w/aqua comfort heat pump, pentair whisperflo pump 1.5hp autopilot dig-220 swg w/RC42 cell (42,000), pg2000 fiber optic lights

4. Back To Top    #4

In the Industry

I've never seen dirt in them really, just UV damage which makes them become brittle and sometimes bubbly and opaque. They are just tubes cut to length. You can probably find something at lowes that would fit for less money. The trick is to get something that is UV stabilized. You might have to search the net but you can probably find someone to sell you 25 feet of tubing that will work just as well.
    -Kevin
    X-Pert Pool Service
    x-pertpool.com

5. Back To Top    #5

Yeah.....I googled loop loc protectors. They want $5 a piece. Lol....over $100 in plastic. That's a good idea plastic tubing,gonna be hard finding uv protection though.

6. Back To Top    #6

In the Industry

-Kevin
    X-Pert Pool Service
    x-pertpool.com